Author Topic: Who reclaims your screens???  (Read 9172 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Who reclaims your screens???
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 12:31:34 PM »
I have a dirty sink (ink/emulsion removal) and a clean sink (exposure washout/degreasing).
I like having one person do the ink/emulsion and another do the degreasing. Adds a second
pair of eyes and a layer of accountability.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »
I have a High School kid comes in 3 days a week after school. If they are trained properly about 12 -14 an hour no prob. We do 6 at a time stack back to back so they do not dry, blast off then we use orange oil the make sure all ink is out blast again and then degrease and hose off.
How did you hire the HS kid? What do you pay them? I'd like to use younger help.. but it seems like kids don't like to work anymore.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Im-Magic

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 02:45:15 AM »
His Sister used to do them but she has gone to University now so she handed the job to her younger brother. I know the family and I pay $15.00 per hour.
Stuart

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 03:27:54 AM »
His Sister used to do them but she has gone to University now so she handed the job to her younger brother. I know the family and I pay $15.00 per hour.
Wow! That's pretty good pay for a high schooler! I guess if they do a good job though, it's worth it.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Im-Magic

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 12:42:48 AM »
You must remember that this is Australia and that is the Union rate for that job. They would shut me down if I paid less.
Stuart

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 11:32:09 PM »
Hmm,
I think I just started training another new kid, and he's about done before he even got started though..
Oh well.

I've trained a few 'kids' now.. a couple took pride in their work.
That was cool.

Things to ponder:

- Bad screens suck.
- It's step one in the whole f*cking process.
- Respect it, or it will f*ck you up.