Author Topic: Dye Sub on Foam Trucker Caps?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Dye Sub on Foam Trucker Caps?
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:26 PM »
I've been wondering about this, is it doable?  I know that most polyester has to be dye sub ready and it would depend on if the polyester face of the front panel foam is or is not but just curious if anyone has had success with it.

Offline cyw

Re: Dye Sub on Foam Trucker Caps?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »
Sure, it's doable...........as long as the front is poly (which it probably is) and the color isn't too dark to absorb the color of the sublimation. White is best but you can do dark colored dye sub on other colors.
I've never, ever had a problem with poly being non-receptive. Are you sure you aren't talking anout hard goods, like mugs or plastic-like substrates?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
I have some caps that came in a sample pack you sure can do them I made my daughter and her friends a few

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:53:36 PM »
Great, thanks for the help.  I'm looking into moving our trucker caps over to all dye sub rather than printing plastisol transfers in house.  Before we go and setup to print the transfers in house I'd like to get our beak wet with purchasing transfers and applying on a run.

Anyone know of a good supplier for dye sub transfers, preferably in the Northwest?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
Conde, or RPL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 01:58:40 PM »
Thanks RT, I saw that Conde offers it and will definitely check them out as they offer the supplies to print it in house as well which is ultimately what we will do.  Added RPL to my supplier list.  Much appreciated.