Author Topic: i've been...  (Read 3123 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: i've been...
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 03:02:16 PM »
Which brings me to a subject I've occaisonally pondereed. What is the overall percentage of owners/managers that actually pay attention to these two boards? DS appears to have more hits because its primarily a classifieds.
Of course we'll never know but as far as people who are active I'd say it's under 5%.

agreed! My guess is under 1%. So there is plenty of room to grow, 2% of owners would be a 100% increase. We are slowly getting new ppl here, so there is a market share we can still acquire.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
Which brings me to a subject I've occaisonally pondereed. What is the overall percentage of owners/managers that actually pay attention to these two boards? DS appears to have more hits because its primarily a classifieds.
Of course we'll never know but as far as people who are active I'd say it's under 5%.

If I had to guess, knowing what I know about the shops here in town, I'd say the percentage of folks who at least visit the forums it's around 5%.  Then I think the percentage that actually post at any of the forums is less than 1%.  The guys here in town that I talk with know of the forums, but not a single one of them posts anywhere.  I think the nearest shop to us that has an owner or employee that posts on the forums is Orion from Killeen/Waco (90 miles), and he isn't very active.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Clark

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
I have only seen one other person post from the DFW area..and there is a shop on every corner here.  Hundreds of them, so I would guess less than 1% post as well.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »
Okay I was trying to be generous.......agreed on the 1%. Pretty much all the guys I talk to/deal with that are large volume shops are vaguely if at all these places exist.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »
we are working on a press release going to tens of thousands of ppl. That should give us a boost. No time frame though, the plan was to get it done few months back so we are a little behind. Hopefully in the next month or two. My hope is to get another 100 members out of it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 03:49:22 PM »
As of yet I never seen a poster from CT other than me but yet there is hundreds of shops in the state.
"No man is an island"

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen more central Florida people on this or any other forums. Screenprinters are thicker than fleas in this town.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen more central Florida people on this or any other forums. Screenprinters are thicker than fleas in this town.
The printesr that i know in my area and beyond dont really care about forums, they feel it is a big time killer and to many sexual intellectuals.. (f'in know it alls) that worry about to many rules and regulations and crap.... ;D. just what i've heard, not my opinion.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:49 PM »
The printesr that i know in my area and beyond dont really care about forums, they feel it is a big time killer and to many sexual intellectuals.. (f'in know it alls) that worry about to many rules and regulations and crap.... ;D. just what i've heard, not my opinion.

It's true, if they have nothing to learn, and don't want to share what they know, why bother? That would be a waste of time.
Fortunately, many of us are obviously the polar opposite, whether we know it all or know next to nothing, we have our place to hang with like-minded folks.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 07:04:18 PM »
The only thing I love more than learning about screen printing is teaching others what I know about the process.  That combination makes these forums a great place for people like me to hang out.  I wish I knew it all, and maybe someday I'll be able to have the best answers to all of the questions about screen printing, but right now I fall in that well of knowing enough to be able to help probably half of the screen printers out there but am still green enough to soak up so much from the more experienced guys out there.  There are a good number of forum members who when they post something I have to read it, study it, sometimes copy it in my notebook and I love that process.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »
This place has been a blessing to me.. and I hope I can re-turn the help if anyone ask what I know about... I am a class A welder but with just a few years under my belt in screenprinting I am still learning. I really like the no Bull Sh*t policy here.