Author Topic: Price check please  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Price check please
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »
What would everyone charge for 700 GIldan 2000 Red shirts with 3 colors back and 1 front.  I'm coming up with $5.70 ea + tax and shipping.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
Re: Price check please
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »
im at 6.10. but i feel like we are always a bit more expensive than most...

Offline prozyan

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:37:23 PM »
I'd be at $5.30, with standard upcharge for plus size shirts.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »
Bottom feeder checking in.  Id be at $4.70, add $1.50 for 2xl and up.  Free set up.  Plus ship or pick up. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:13:34 PM »
I appreciate everyone's input.  I just redone our pricing structure and wanted to make sure I was in a ballpark price.  I know each of us have to price it to where it works for us.  I definitely don't want to lose a job but don't want to work for free either.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
1.50 extra for 2XL?????  That seems pretty low based on the up charges the suppliers are charging....

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
We are charging a $1.85 for 2x and above here.  Which sometimes doesn't cover it.  If the order is large enough we will let it slide though.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »
$4.79  S-XL, inclusive +ship.

We have a standard markup so plus sizes are whatever we are getting charged for them, varies a lot from brand to brand. They do seem to be high lately.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »
1.50 extra for 2XL?????  That seems pretty low based on the up charges the suppliers are charging....

Would be shocked how many jobs we've got where someone is over charing for the few items 2xl and up and they walk a 500pc order right outta there to me.   I'll take it and smile all the way.   Just another difference is us bottom feeders. 

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 08:51:58 PM »
Sanmar Canada is C$2.70 extra for 2XL - Gildan 2000.....

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 09:48:34 PM »

Would be shocked how many jobs we've got where someone is over charing for the few items 2xl and up and they walk a 500pc order right outta there to me.   I'll take it and smile all the way.   Just another difference is us bottom feeders.

So you eat part of the additional cost of the plus sizes?  Like a loss leader? 

I could see that working with groups that don't want to pay extra for them, just not sure where the money is recovered in the pricing though.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »

So you eat part of the additional cost of the plus sizes?  Like a loss leader? 

I could see that working with groups that don't want to pay extra for them, just not sure where the money is recovered in the pricing though.

It's not complicated...  Before print costs I charge $3 for a g200.  Add $1.50 for 2xl and up that adds up to $4.50.  Not a single size 2xl - 5xl cost me no $4.50 each.  Still making money on the blank and still making it on print. 

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:17:44 PM by GraphicDisorder »

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 10:30:58 PM »
Right, so you're, at least potentially, eating part of the cost.  The 2XL isn't priced at your standard markup, just a flat rate up charge of $1.50 so those sizes are not as padded as the standard sizing.  In fact they could be padded as thinly as $0.10.  Either the markup on the standard sizing or your print charges makeup for this risk you are taking.   

The risk?  When your client calls and asks if they can get another (5) 2XL on that order you are potentially looking at shipping costs (whereas free shipping is normally presumed) if you aren't able to combine those pieces with another PO for the day or don't have it in stock and it has to be ordered to keep on schedule.  Maybe you even need to expedite those 5 shirts.  That $0.50 probably ain't going to cover your UPS tab to ship them.

This is probably less of an issue for those not in the sticks but we have to be very careful about it here.  We have standard markups that apply to all products over our cost, case, from the vendor to ensure that we do not lose money on product that passes through our hands due to shipping or the labor involved in ordering, receiving, QC and returns.

I would really like to do something like you are doing with the plus size pricing Brett but I think we could potentially lose a lot of money considering our shipping situation.  Just another perspective.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »
Right, so you're, at least potentially, eating part of the cost.  The 2XL isn't priced at your standard markup, just a flat rate up charge of $1.50 so those sizes are not as padded as the standard sizing.  In fact they could be padded as thinly as $0.10.  Either the markup on the standard sizing or your print charges makeup for this risk you are taking.   

The risk?  When your client calls and asks if they can get another (5) 2XL on that order you are potentially looking at shipping costs (whereas free shipping is normally presumed) if you aren't able to combine those pieces with another PO for the day or don't have it in stock and it has to be ordered to keep on schedule.  Maybe you even need to expedite those 5 shirts.  That $0.50 probably ain't going to cover your UPS tab to ship them.

This is probably less of an issue for those not in the sticks but we have to be very careful about it here.  We have standard markups that apply to all products over our cost, case, from the vendor to ensure that we do not lose money on product that passes through our hands due to shipping or the labor involved in ordering, receiving, QC and returns.

I would really like to do something like you are doing with the plus size pricing Brett but I think we could potentially lose a lot of money considering our shipping situation.  Just another perspective.

You are over paying if you'd be just padded .10 on those 2xl and up at the price I posted. 

I haven't ran into the scenarios you laid out and we make money on all garment sizes and sure maybe not the same percentage on a 5xl as a XL but guess what...my customer can look at my chart and know a price of the complete order. If you don't think that earns some jobs each year you'd be kidding yourself.  I'll take it...

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 11:49:40 PM »
You are very, very, almost unbelievably lucky fella if you've never had a scenario like that.  Count yer blessings!