Author Topic: DTF on 100% poly  (Read 430 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
DTF on 100% poly
« on: April 30, 2024, 11:04:52 AM »
I had a cat bring in a 100% poly rain jacket type vest wanting a DTF print on it anyone press 100% poly without any trouble, I don't have anything in the shop like that material to test on.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Matt82

Re: DTF on 100% poly
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 11:38:25 AM »
I've done lots of poly shirts with no problems,  the only thing that I can think of that might be an issue is if there is any type of water repellent coating on it.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 11:43:34 AM »
I just did some thin poly jackets from pennant.

275 for 10 sec.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 01:38:22 PM »
When I get different items like that, I try a test print with a small piece of a transfer in an inconspicuous spot
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 08:37:34 AM »
Just did some here.  I prefer the low-melt from Supa for this.  I get less press marks.  I have switched a lot of stuff over, especially when it's 4 colors, left chest. It's easier to do and frees up the press for faster jobs.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 11:44:09 AM »
Just did some here.  I prefer the low-melt from Supa for this.  I get less press marks.  I have switched a lot of stuff over, especially when it's 4 colors, left chest. It's easier to do and frees up the press for faster jobs.

Are they just using a different powder adhesive for those? We lower are settings for poly when it is necessary, and always lower the time to apply better.  I find they hold up great but on some garments you just can't avoid the press marks (we stay away from textured poly for example).

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2024, 11:55:43 AM »
Thanks all, I passed on the job, it was only one piece plus it was a puffy type vest, but the advice on lower heat time and faster melting powder is good info I will use in the future.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2024, 02:35:40 PM »

Are they just using a different powder adhesive for those? We lower are settings for poly when it is necessary, and always lower the time to apply better.  I find they hold up great but on some garments you just can't avoid the press marks (we stay away from textured poly for example).

I guess they are, the instructions are different.  On their blocker series, they use a black blocker under the DTF print.  It's been great for troublesome garments.