Author Topic: Anyone running the new Wilflex Oasis?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Anyone running the new Wilflex Oasis?
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:10:40 PM »
Now that it looks like HSA is here to stay in our shop (I think I have mixed feelings on this) and WB/DC being the majority of our work, I'm consolidating the ink systems. 

Wilflex Oasis has been revamped and while Wilflex is typically higher than everyone for any type of ink, my calculations are leaning toward a cost benefit with them. When you really do the math, it appears WFX is actually the same price as the others, pound for pound.  Given the on-press benefits we get from using their plastisol over "cheaper" options I expect something similar for the water based line.  I also prefer WFX for their consistency and being able to use one ink calc program- their IMS. 

It's PC based, loads into a WB, DC, and HSA base.  We would run their HSA and then whatever WB or DC based performed best for us, i.e., we could stick with CCI D-Base + WFX pigs.   In the end I want 1 set of WB pigs and a variety of bases, blacks, whites and metallics/specialties. 

Has anyone out there ran the system?  I'm working on getting the HO HSA White in here to side by side but wanted to get some all around feedback.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone running the new Wilflex Oasis?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
I don't really have anything "helpful" for you here Zoo, but I am VERY much with you on this and would also like to know about the Wilflex system. Everyone else has a "starter kit" that is like $150 or something, the Wilflex one is $500something! That is a bit different, especially if you are just at the point where you want to try or compare their product.... I did get the Magna starter kit with the HSA white and clear base, the AquaPlas series and I should of gone with the Advanced Print series I think. The results were good but the open time in the screen was horrible, I'm talking less than 10min. I did not use any of the additive that helps with that either for the record.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:51 PM »
Is that the so called "Ecolution" line of ink by Wilflex?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 10:47:17 PM »
This is just WFX waterbased- standard WB, DC, HSA.

If their HSA beats out rutland I might just go for it, it would unify a lot of things in the ink area.