Author Topic: Making the switch to MHM  (Read 9959 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Making the switch to MHM
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 10:20:39 PM »
The evo is a cool little press. It is belt drive. It uses the 3000 or 4000 registration pins so that is super strong. You can get it with the mhm reg system with the bushing holders. The only thing I have not seen is if you can get heads that are ac. This press was on their Facebook page awhile ago. There maybe more info on there now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:33:49 PM by Jon »

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2014, 04:23:22 AM »
I have had a MHM E Type for 8 years and it's a amazing machine, I am in Israel so I get support from the factory in Austria so I don't have the problems you guys are having with Hirsch.
I usually manage to sort out problems with the factory tech support on the phone.     I've had to change one or two head boards (electronic boards) but I do this myself.       I have a 10 color printer so even is one head isn't working I can keep printing until I get the part.
Since I bought it I've had a total of one week of down time, there was a weird problem with the 24V transformer that showed the correct voltage standing but once it started working the voltage dropped.    Took us a while to find the problem.
I am about to buy a second machine and went to Fespa Munich to see the new MHM machines.
The new names are a bit confusing,
they have a entry level SA-EVO, .
X type Plus which has replaced the E Type, the heads now lift up.
S Type Xtreme (new S Type).
Oval
I am looking at the S Type Xtreme, a 14 color unit with 10 print heads, 2 flashes and 2 empty stations (cooling stations after the flash).
I can add print heads to the cooling stations later if I want to.
I have never used any other machine but the MHM is so good I wouldn't consider buying anything else.
You guys should contact the factory in Austria and get them to sort out the problems with Hirsch.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
You go Maxie!
Show us some of your stuff.

E to X with moving heads sounds fantastic!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2014, 10:38:37 AM »

now for the ugly part. . . dealing with Hirsch can be a nightmare. There is zero good will extended to the customers. Once the press is on your floor, you are on your own (and problem resolution can take months). If there wasn't for Rodney (head tech who is readily available even on the weekends and odd hours)

This simply not true. I had some issues with the new E Type press I bought from Hirsch and can tell you that they spent MANY thousands of dollars sending Rodney out and then a tech from MHM Austria to try to fix the machine. When that repair was not to my satisfaction they again spent MANY thousands of dollars replacing the E machine with a S machine, shipping, rigging, installing a new press crating and sending back the broken E machine. Was it what I expected when I made switch from TAS to MHM..no. Was it painful..yes... did Hirsch take care of the problem.. you bet your ass they did. Now Hirsch may not have a kiss M&R ass fan club here and there business style is a bit shall we say different but in the end they are a stand up team representing an amazing piece of equipment. 2.5 years on the S Type with one broken air fitting, the press is pretty damn cool and does what it advertised to do. One must remember in other parts of the world MHM is THE major player in textile press's.

Robert
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 11:56:33 AM »

now for the ugly part. . . dealing with Hirsch can be a nightmare. There is zero good will extended to the customers. Once the press is on your floor, you are on your own (and problem resolution can take months). If there wasn't for Rodney (head tech who is readily available even on the weekends and odd hours)

This simply not true. I had some issues with the new E Type press I bought from Hirsch and can tell you that they spent MANY thousands of dollars sending Rodney out and then a tech from MHM Austria to try to fix the machine. When that repair was not to my satisfaction they again spent MANY thousands of dollars replacing the E machine with a S machine, shipping, rigging, installing a new press crating and sending back the broken E machine. Was it what I expected when I made switch from TAS to MHM..no. Was it painful..yes... did Hirsch take care of the problem.. you bet your ass they did. Now Hirsch may not have a kiss M&R ass fan club here and there business style is a bit shall we say different but in the end they are a stand up team representing an amazing piece of equipment. 2.5 years on the S Type with one broken air fitting, the press is pretty damn cool and does what it advertised to do. One must remember in other parts of the world MHM is THE major player in textile press's.

Robert

Robert, I know they took care of you and they have helped us out on more than one occasion. But, I also know a guy that bought a new press and had it sitting in his space unable to use it for the first year. When it was finally fixed, it broke after 30 days and it took them several months to fix it. In 18 months of owning a new press he had 30 days of use out of it!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »
That sucks that they are capable of doing what they did for Robert yet the next story is so appalling that I think I'd be in jail for assault if that happened to us.  Just thinking about it makes me insane. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:05 PM »
That sucks that they are capable of doing what they did for Robert yet the next story is so appalling that I think I'd be in jail for assault if that happened to us.  Just thinking about it makes me insane.

he is closing down, they have essentially put him out of business (at least that's what I understand).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 12:29:47 PM »
If nothing else, the man at the helm of Hirsh is enough to make me not want to give them a nickel.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »
If nothing else, the man at the helm of Hirsch is enough to make me not want to give them a nickel.

Andy,

Have you had any personal dealings with Hirsch?  without knowing the details from the said out of business party mentioned above how can one comment on the situation.  While Hirsch may be difficult they are ethical and leads me assume there is more to the story than be known in this thread. Even if Hirsch would not resolve any issue I am certain that if Claus from MHM heard about this and it was a valid issue MHM would make certain it was cleaned up. For all we know this out of biz guy may have not paid the bill and never received the unlock code for the software to run the press, it could be a thousand different scenarios. I by know means am a flag waiver for Hirsch but do not like to see anyone thrown under the bus because another vendor buys steak dinners for everyone.
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
If nothing else, the man at the helm of Hirsch is enough to make me not want to give them a nickel.

Andy,

Have you had any personal dealings with Hirsch?  without knowing the details from the said out of business party mentioned above how can one comment on the situation.  While Hirsch may be difficult they are ethical and leads me assume there is more to the story than be known in this thread. Even if Hirsch would not resolve any issue I am certain that if Claus from MHM heard about this and it was a valid issue MHM would make certain it was cleaned up. For all we know this out of biz guy may have not paid the bill and never received the unlock code for the software to run the press, it could be a thousand different scenarios. I by know means am a flag waiver for Hirsch but do not like to see anyone thrown under the bus because another vendor buys steak dinners for everyone.

I am going to answer this even though it's addressed to Andy. My concern is that my story is not correct and that Hirsch is unnecessarily getting a bad rap here. SO to elaborate a little, yes, the majority of the story came from the owner, but I also heard from the other side which confirmed the story to at least some extent. I did not get the full story from the seller side, but what I did hear matched what the owner said. What makes this very, very difficult for me is the fact that I introduced the guy to the MHM sales team and he bought the press based on my recommendation!!!

To the best of my knowledge, there are several rather large issues that MHM is aware of and letting them go unaddressed.

pierre

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
Pierre,

That is very sad situation indeed and I feel for the guy, by no means was I challenging the authenticity of your post.
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 02:35:24 PM »

Andy,

I assume you are talking about M&R when you make this statement about steak dinners and if not my apologies. If so yes we sponsor two dinners per year for the members of this forum but not so they can throw anyone under the bus. It's done because I like the industry and when I see how this forum is run in my opinion it's a positive to the industry,especially the smaller printers. I believe anyone who has attended the dinners can attest to the fact nothing negative has ever been spoken about any manufacturer nor anything positive about M&R. I have only attended one dinner out of the four we sponsored and it was more like a bunch of guys and girls talking about the industry and the old days. Again if I am off base I apologize but if not this is a unfair statement about the forum and M&R.
Rich Hoffman

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »
Pierre,

That is very sad situation indeed and I feel for the guy, by no means was I challenging the authenticity of your post.

Robert, you expressed feelings which I share with you! It is hard to hear/believe of something like it happening and it always makes you wonder (myself included, even in this case!) if there is a part of the story missing. So I am with you, it just sounds like it's too much to be true even after hearing it from both sides. . .

pierre

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »

Andy,

I assume you are talking about M&R when you make this statement about steak dinners and if not my apologies. If so yes we sponsor two dinners per year for the members of this forum but not so they can throw anyone under the bus. It's done because I like the industry and when I see how this forum is run in my opinion it's a positive to the industry,especially the smaller printers. I believe anyone who has attended the dinners can attest to the fact nothing negative has ever been spoken about any manufacturer nor anything positive about M&R. I have only attended one dinner out of the four we sponsored and it was more like a bunch of guys and girls talking about the industry and the old days. Again if I am off base I apologize but if not this is a unfair statement about the forum and M&R.

Rich,

as already stated many times over, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

what many here don't get a chance to see is that there are truly no strings attached by any support provided by Rich and few other companies. Not one of them asked for anything! As incredible as this sounds, Rich, Peter (Nazdar), Erik (Action) and others have on many occasions offered/extended help and since we started the forum, NOT ONE request has been sent our way!!! Actually, our independence has been brought up by Rich first, and few others since then, and they all expressed their desire to keep the forum non aligned to any distributor or manufacturer. Any positive comments are here solely due to the product and service offered by the supporters.

We still thank you for the steaks though!

pierre

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 02:57:50 PM »
My comments about one individual pertained to the way I watched Hirsch stock prices tumble to pennies as it was about to go private, then, the subsequent "bail-out" of US Screen, to the then subsequent decimation of TSPMB, and the communications that I had with both Paul, and whoever is running their forum now.

I have had no financial dealing with them. As I pointed out, I wouldn't, if I could at all help it.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?