Author Topic: Making the switch to MHM  (Read 9960 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Making the switch to MHM
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »

To clarify the new MHM line up (not counting the entry level one or the oval):

X-type Extreme
S-type Extreme
AC4000

There is the SA-EVO as well, though I am going to assume that one will not be on your radar.

I am triple tasking as I type, but I'll call you in a bit I have a few people you can talk to(X-Treme and X-Type users)
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »
Being a S Type owner I would suggest the same as Pierre, drive a deal on the S Type 10 color, these are proven machines world wide, you will never need to buy another press. these units are extremely robust to say the least... we are 2.5 years into the S press and have not needed to make a single tech support call. My guess is that the $ difference between the units i mainly in the quality of the components ans would be the same with most mfg offering 2 versions of a comparable machine.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:15:27 PM by T Shirt Farmer »
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 06:05:31 PM »
I actually really want a 14co in here.  Thinking more along the lines of greaser screen/cool downs/flashes and also thinking about the fact that HSA often needs additional colors v. platisol.  Maybe (hopefully) that changes as the inks develop but right now, to print full opacity, clean bright HSA colors (think 185c or a clean blue) that don't have much white in the formula, you are looking at two screens per color, not a base and one screen for each on top ala platisol.  You're also looking at flashing if it's a large area of ink.  I doubt fixes like the Kook Mist will work with HSA as it will likely rehydrate the ink film so cool downs could be crucial. 

Most of our work could be easily handled with a 10 in a single revolution if we just did plasti and DC but I'm not sure where things are headed for the future right now and would rather have our bases covered up front and a press that will last a long, long time for us. 

Alex, I'll call in a sec. 

Thanks everyone for the input here and pm/emails, I'm going to talk to all of you!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »
I sent an email to hirsch about the evo... I wanted price on 6 and 8 color (list is fine as I'm just crunching some numbers to see what is in our ball park).  Can it be had in a 9/10 and would it fit through a 36" door.

They came back requiring all my details so they could have a rep call me.  I said I just wanted a couple of simple questions answered and didn't need to be called quarterly by the sales rep after being fed into their database.  Round and round same thing, about policy on not stepping on other reps territory and such (come to find out there IS only one rep, so that was a flat out lie!). Finally Gavin emailed with the info (well, still nothing about getting it in the doorway), and he apologized for the way OTHER companies had treated me in the past!! I assume he was referring to the quarterly sales calls I mentioned.  I explained that his apology was incorrectly focused.

The info I was after can be found on the web without even calling most of the other manufactures!  I would never deal with Hirsch after being flat lied to just to get my info into a lead database... Never!

Still think MHM is a bad a$$ machine and it's possible that the Evo is in the cards for us... But it won't be from Hirsch!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2014, 06:18:32 PM »
I would go fro the S-type even if you have to cut down the number of colors. 10 color press will print almost everything you can think of. Also remember, these are honeycomb platens so you can print after the flash (if you put a fan and slow down the flood). In last 5 years of owning our 8 color, I've turned down 3 jobs total for lack of heads.

pierre

We have a 10 color S-type, and I don't think we've lost a single job in the 11 years or so that we just couldn't print. Of course, that may just mean that we haven't been asked to do a 14 color print in that time. And Gil, you can always cut the door, we had to take a small section out of a concrete wall to get our machine's hub out of the elevator area (we're on a 4th floor). And it is indeed a bad-ass machine.

Steve

Steve

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2014, 06:31:46 PM »
Yeah... we could.

I'd rather just take out a bay window and put it through there and reinstall the window (which is an option).

But it's hard to think about doing that when the Sabre will fit through the 36" door.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2014, 10:01:56 PM »
What was the price on a 6 color Evo?

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
Yeah... we could.

I'd rather just take out a bay window and put it through there and reinstall the window (which is an option).

But it's hard to think about doing that when the Sabre will fit through the 36" door.

Get what you want and put the window back.  You will use your press every day; the window not so much.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2014, 11:43:50 PM »
What was the price on a 6 color Evo?

The price for the SA Evo 8/6 is $34,750.00.

Oh, and I was mistaken, he did say it would fit through the 36" door and comes in a 9/10... so he answered all my questions... just took them phishing for my contact info for 5 emails before they answered those 3 questions and sent me a lame brochure.