Author Topic: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!  (Read 12417 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »
Running low on Miami superior so I bought a gallon of legacy from Nazdar while we wait for the fiver of Miamis to get here. Well I ended up using it on some cotton jobs and it was ok, just ok. But when we got to a fleece job the fibre matt down was terrible, it was so bad the screen was not clearing at all. It simply did not sheer from the surface. Ended up cleaning it out of the screen and putting Miamis superior white and and had zero problems.

I know some may say to modify the ink with this or that but I prefer an ink the is RFU and does not require me having to do something to it that the manufacturers already should do.

One thing it does flash very fast and is not tacky after flash, better than Miamis at least.

"No man is an island"

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 10:08:41 AM »
Running low on Miami superior so I bought a gallon of legacy from Nazdar while we wait for the fiver of Miamis to get here. Well I ended up using it on some cotton jobs and it was ok, just ok. But when we got to a fleece job the fibre matt down was terrible, it was so bad the screen was not clearing at all. It simply did not sheer from the surface. Ended up cleaning it out of the screen and putting Miamis superior white and and had zero problems.

I know some may say to modify the ink with this or that but I prefer an ink the is RFU and does not require me having to do something to it that the manufacturers already should do.

One thing it does flash very fast and is not tacky after flash, better than Miamis at least.

That's weird. We ran 500 red Jerseys pullover hoodies with legacy as the ub and the highlight and we had the exact oposite. Maybe since it's so dam hot down here in Fl. Don't know but so far it's killing the other whites we've used. I had some other samples sent to me to try, one was Knock out white. Didn't really like it. It printed nice, but the opacity was dull, almost an off white look. I'm guessing, different inks, may react differently in everyone's shops and areas. Miami for us was ok, but curing was all over the board and almost 2  years later from when we used 5 fiver of it, I'm looking at prints that don't look to have held up as well as anything printed with wilflex, or Rutland whites that we've done years earlier.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
I bought a gallon of this stuff to see if it will replace my beloved Triangle Phoenix white...unfortunately, it doesn't even come close. how are you guys getting this stuff to print? I have completely switched to IC inks and this would have been nice to slide in place but so far, it's going to be turned into a HW...it floods really poorly and I really do not like to add anything to my inks if I don't have to. we mixed it for ten minutes in my heated ink room and it still printed poorly.....just shows how every shop is different I guess.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2014, 09:30:26 AM »
We had similar results with out making a few little modifications to it, but a very base helped a lot. Went through a 5er of it but haven't used it since then.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »
I bought a gallon of this stuff to see if it will replace my beloved Triangle Phoenix white...unfortunately, it doesn't even come close. how are you guys getting this stuff to print? I have completely switched to IC inks and this would have been nice to slide in place but so far, it's going to be turned into a HW...it floods really poorly and I really do not like to add anything to my inks if I don't have to. we mixed it for ten minutes in my heated ink room and it still printed poorly.....just shows how every shop is different I guess.

That is odd Homer. For us, it floods great, flashes fast, has been, so far, better underbasing than any white we've used. I notice less lift off of top colors. Cures great. Not relying on it as a low bleed, we are just too paranoid these days, but so far over all performance of this white has been awesome for us. One of my suppliers is really pushing for us to try a new wilflex white called amazing. He's sending a sample, but it will have to be amazing for us to replace the legacy it's just been great for us. I sometimes wonder if there are inconsistencies in areas of the country where suppliers may be pouring their own batches. I just did a big run of black shirts using Legacy yesterday. Very high detail, so we used 180 S mesh. The opacity was 100% ink, no fibrillation. PFP with zero modification to the ink's viscosity. I hate recommending something to people and them not having the same performance as I'm having, but like you said, things must vary from area to area, because I've had peopel swear by certain emulsions that for us were by far the worst. , "Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmm"  ;D

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »
I got a quart from Mel-Ray a couple of weeks ago and tried it out. Prints easily out of the can with no modification, nice matte finish and a low cure temp according to IC -- 300 or just under. Printed some red 50/50 polos with it.
But then I'm in sunny Florida, too.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »
I got a quart from Mel-Ray a couple of weeks ago and tried it out. Prints easily out of the can with no modification, nice matte finish and a low cure temp according to IC -- 300 or just under. Printed some red 50/50 polos with it.

see, that's just insane! this stuff is like tacky, thick white tar. it's at temp, mid 70's atleast, it's warmer in the ink room...is there another formula? maybe I have a new formulation or possibly the old one...or maybe it's perfect and I don't have a clue what i'm doing...mind = blown....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2014, 12:59:46 PM »
Jay: I had the same problem with it.  It was super tacky, even after stirring, and climbed the squeegee and floodbar like crazy.

Didn't like it and went back to Wilflex Quick White.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »

exact results we are getting. I wonder if temp and humidity effects plastisol. We were using Street Fighter before this, and I hated how SF would climb the squeegee unless we added 2% reducer, but that little bit would affect the opacity where the Legacy was just like the perfect all around fix. Man sorry some of you guys aren't getting the same results.

Online cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »
im in the tacky, climbing party as well. i liked the final look and quick flash, but scraping ink every 25 shirts was tedious.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »
Floods like Sh!t, prints like a dream!  My opinion.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender