Author Topic: M&R I Image STE - Installed  (Read 22101 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R I Image STE - Installed
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
That would be lovely to have 1 that could do both diazo and photopolymer.  I'm just waiting to finish the lease up on the press and then considering adding 1 to the operation.  I can't justify it in quantity of screens but just for the quality.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 04:39:38 PM »
That would be lovely to have 1 that could do both diazo and photopolymer.  I'm just waiting to finish the lease up on the press and then considering adding 1 to the operation.  I can't justify it in quantity of screens but just for the quality.
depending on the quantity of screens needed daily we still have a few I image units in stock. Check with Sam or Mike on here for their thoughts on the unit.
Rich Hoffman

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »
We love our I-Image.  Even though our daily screen production isn't as high as some of the bigger players, the addition of the I-Image is more than justified.  Frankly I wish we would have done it sooner. For example,  I'll be heading to the shop in a little bit to get a jump on tomorrow.  40 some screens to shoot, and no need to stress on image placement,  linning up of films, hoping carrier sheets are in good, print, burn, rinse and done. And it will all be over in a very short time period with assured exact pre-registration,  "love it". If you have questions always feel free to pm or call me.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:33:01 PM by screenprintguy »
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 01:48:44 PM »
We love our I-Image.  Even though our daily screen production isn't as high as some of the bigger players, the addition of the I-Image is more than justified.  Frankly I wish we would have done it sooner. For example,  I'll be heading to the shop in a little bit to get a jump on tomorrow.  40 some screens to shoot, and no need to stress on image placement,  linning up of films, hoping carrier sheets are in good, print, burn, rinse and done. And it will all be over in a very short time period with assured exact pre-registration,  "love it". If you have questions always feel free to pm or call me.

Mike

I just sent you a pm.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »
Gotchya!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »

I love installing these. Imagine going into a shop and setting up a machine that will decrease their process time, increase image quality and once it's set up, making it so easy to handle that someone new can come in and operate the machine efficiently in under 30 minutes. People do love these machines. The ST and STE both provide extreme benefits and I can't even tell you about the STE2 yet, you'll have to come see it in Nashville this week. M&R just outdoes itself at each step. 
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
  • putting pixels to work since 1984
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »
And here's a print that we just did with our I image ste....... This job was setup on press with perfect registration in under 6 minutes total. Not one adjustment needed to be made and I can look at the registration under 20X magnification and see dot on dot registration. Nearly each and every screen that has been setup needs no adjustment. I Image is kicking some major ass for us right now.

what halftone settings and mesh count did you use for that design done with the i-image set? what was the lowest percentage of halftone you were able to capture?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »
And here's a print that we just did with our I image ste....... This job was setup on press with perfect registration in under 6 minutes total. Not one adjustment needed to be made and I can look at the registration under 20X magnification and see dot on dot registration. Nearly each and every screen that has been setup needs no adjustment. I Image is kicking some major ass for us right now.

what halftone settings and mesh count did you use for that design done with the i-image set? what was the lowest percentage of halftone you were able to capture?

55 lpi, 22.5, 272 mesh and we are holding 3% on all of our stuff.....

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »
So I just wanted to give this I Image STE a major shout out today....... Attached is a pic of a design that I am printing today.... I had to do the seps real quick on this so seps could have been better but all in all turned out really good...... So here's where the I Image ste kicked major ass for us on this job..... From the time I saved the seps from my computer to the ste, I started my stop watch..... Then I stopped my stop watch once I printed the first shirt that was in registration. This is an 8 color print so I had to make all 8 screens, tape them, etc..... Total time making screens, setting up on press, etc = 38 minutes

Prior to dts/ i image ste this would have taken us hours.... Just to print these films on an epson we would have been looking at close to an hour!

Danny Gruninger

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
  • putting pixels to work since 1984
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »

that is great to hear! we seem to be having allot of issues with the i-image ST, we're struggling to capture even 10%. i just did a test with only vector lines starting at 0.25points and increasing by 0.25points all the way to 4points. a 1point line prints closer to 1.5-1.75.... very frustrating.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »
So here's where the I Image ste kicked major ass for us on this job..... From the time I saved the seps from my computer to the ste, I started my stop watch..... Then I stopped my stop watch once I printed the first shirt that was in registration. This is an 8 color print so I had to make all 8 screens, tape them, etc..... Total time making screens, setting up on press, etc = 38 minutes

Impressive. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »

that is great to hear! we seem to be having allot of issues with the i-image ST, we're struggling to capture even 10%. i just did a test with only vector lines starting at 0.25points and increasing by 0.25points all the way to 4points. a 1point line prints closer to 1.5-1.75.... very frustrating.
Please send me your contact information. Something is totally wrong if you cant hold the dots!
Rich Hoffman

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 03:28:11 PM »

Like Rich said something is not right with your setup...... There's nothing we cannot hold detail wise with our i image........ Last week I did some testing and we are holding the .25 stroke in illustrator with zero problems at all..... If we setup our art to actually print 1 % I'm confident we would be able to image the 1 % stuff as well.....

Something is for sure wrong though as you should be able to hold all the detail there is with no issues at all

Danny Gruninger

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »
This STE2 for diazo/wb runs is exciting.  Renewed my interest in LED expo for sure to hear a mfg building one for the screens we most commonly use.  We won't be doing CTS until we park a bigger/faster press in here, imaging screens is not yet our bottleneck, but who wouldn't want a unit like this?  Sounds dreamy.

Danny that is stellar throughput for an image like that. 

Pimp, your problem sounds like something in the linearization.  I imagine there is x amount of gain on the i-image machines just like printing via epsons onto film.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 05:11:30 PM »
Do you need to go thru a linearization process with the ST unit  like we did with our epson printer?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.