Author Topic: M&R i-Image questions  (Read 14986 times)

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: M&R i-Image questions
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 02:25:22 PM »
i havent had a chance before today to actually see that the ink was wet when it came out of the machine.  if we get an ST model without the exposure,  do you have to wait for the ink on the screen to dry before exposing?
the ink does not have to be dry and is not supposed to be dried. It is a blocker of UV and does that perfectly fine. Best suggestion for your company will be this unit. Don't know where you are but you should either come to Chicago to play with it live or go see one of a couple hundred shops that have installed one already, probably near you.

[/quote]

i was hoping to make it to chicago the other week, but Alex was in the Philippines...

we did see a machine on thursday the 3rd of july - a three head STE.  very impressive.   

the owners said that I could go to the show in Vegas...  but thats in september or october (i forget which) -

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »
i havent had a chance before today to actually see that the ink was wet when it came out of the machine.  if we get an ST model without the exposure,  do you have to wait for the ink on the screen to dry before exposing?
the ink does not have to be dry and is not supposed to be dried. It is a blocker of UV and does that perfectly fine. Best suggestion for your company will be this unit. Don't know where you are but you should either come to Chicago to play with it live or go see one of a couple hundred shops that have installed one already, probably near you.

i was hoping to make it to chicago the other week, but Alex was in the Philippines...

we did see a machine on thursday the 3rd of july - a three head STE.  very impressive.   

the owners said that I could go to the show in Vegas...  but thats in september or october (i forget which) -
[/quote]the show is October 22nd. You could save half of what it cost in that much time. You can visit anytime. We have them on display so you can try themand there is always someone there to assist you. Just a FYI.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 08:40:25 AM »
i would like to thank everyone who has answered my questions -  i know i had a lot of them  :)

i just sent the purchase order to our Nazdar rep.

we decided upon a 2 head i-Image ST

now what do i do with the films that i no longer need - im hoping that i can find a recycler for the film - its a lot of plastic!

i also need to figure out what to do with the roughly 10k carrier sheets... 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »
sell the carriers if they are good

I am sure you can find a plastic recycler for the films

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 08:56:54 AM »
Congrats on your new unit...  I'm sure you'll find a buyer for the carrier sheets... lots of people using trilocs out there.

PS.  Very jealous and I can't wait till one of those fits our workflow/cashflow :)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
Just curious. How much room will you free up by eliminating film storage?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 09:13:25 AM »
I to have been wondering what to do with our films? I'm gonna save some to tape off screens, but are they recyclable?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »

I'll answer for Duane..........A LOT!!!!!!!!!!. You would not believe how much they have. I can't imagine how much more since I left there 8 years ago.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 09:26:57 AM »
I to have been wondering what to do with our films? I'm gonna save some to tape off screens, but are they recyclable?

You will find uses for them. Blocking out an image, using pieces of film to bundle up tape coming off screens to cram more in the garbage bag, and all sorts of ways that you are going to throw them things out! I thought we would hold on to them too, but it makes zero sense to keep any. If you have you seps digitally saved for reference, as we all should, you won't need them for that reason. Once you have your exposure set up for DTS, having film for back up becomes a no brainer, you won't be able to use them anyway. I have my screen person de-taping screens put a few of them in the garbage back so that the tape sticks to the films instead of the garbage bag and then layer that crap to get more screen tape in the garbage bag. Unreal how I thought we would blow through the film, we still have a box of if for him to use back there for that purpose. It's insane how much space you save not trying to add more file space for films.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 09:31:24 AM »
use a box for your screen tape, leave the flaps out and then compress the whole dang thing with the film and fold the flaps in or tape them...bam.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
I guess I was "lucky". All of mine was washed away in a flood. Maybe y'all in the Mississippi delta saw it float by?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »
use a box for your screen tape, leave the flaps out and then compress the whole dang thing with the film and fold the flaps in or tape them...bam.

Brad, it's amazing the dense ball of tape you can make when you compress it in some old films huh?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 10:23:49 AM »

the rack is 3ft long by 2 ft deep.

in the picture you see 7, and there are 10 shelves in all.

its not a whole lot of floor space because we stored them vertically.  the shelves will be repurposed for something else (havent figured that part out yet)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 11:13:31 AM »
Samples Diz?

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »
our sample racks are out of control. all reprints are matched to a sample shirt that is from the original run. 

im thinking that once the shelves are all flattened out (the weight of the film warped the shelves) the shelving can be used to store screens.