Author Topic: M&R i-Image questions  (Read 14796 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Re: M&R i-Image questions
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 11:41:13 AM »
To bad the vertical version of this unit is not available, I assume it is because the print head can not deliver a clean deposit of ink in the vertical position? if this is true why does the Kiwo unit able to work in the vertical position??
The footprint of the I-image is probably going to preclude me from getting one as my floor space is maxed out otherwise I would be a buyer at the Vegas show next month.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
I think the difference is the head type. Kiwo maybe wax based and I think M&R's are inkjet type industrial or something like that.
Shane

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2014, 12:46:41 PM »
Kiwo/Douthitt is a wax machine. The M&R is ink. I have one of each.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2014, 12:59:54 PM »
what is the recommended working area needed for one of these?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
Kiwo/Douthitt is a wax machine. The M&R is ink. I have one of each.

Could you please give a brief comparison of the 2 systems.
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »
To bad the vertical version of this unit is not available, I assume it is because the print head can not deliver a clean deposit of ink in the vertical position? if this is true why does the Kiwo unit able to work in the vertical position??
The footprint of the I-image is probably going to preclude me from getting one as my floor space is maxed out otherwise I would be a buyer at the Vegas show next month.
Our first unit was vertical and the ink was fine. We still have some. The are called the I-screen. They are Epson based and will only do about 100 screens per day.
Rich Hoffman

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
Our first unit was vertical and the ink was fine. We still have some. The are called the I-screen. They are Epson based and will only do about 100 screens per day.

Rich,

Why the format change?
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »
Faster speeds
Rich Hoffman

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2014, 03:45:19 PM »
We Love our I-Image, there is no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that we would ever go backwards. Hoping to see more growth in the next few years to where we out grow this one and get into an ST or STE. This one can do up to 115 screens a day which we aren't maxing out yet so we have room with this one. The set up time improvement, the detain improvement, halftones looking so awesome. There is just no way, unless someone bought a complete piece of garbage unit of saying film is better. If you are on the fence because of the cost, trust me, 1 month into owning one of these and you will wish you did it sooner. Everyone I have talked to within the last year that moved into CTS are all saying the same phrase, "MAN I WISH I DID THIS SOONER!".  Rich you guys need to put that on the M&R site  ;D ;D ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2014, 03:47:08 PM »
We like ours, but to be honest, I would give this thing up WAY before I gave up our DTG.

I won't go back to films though...that's for sure.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 04:11:50 PM »
Our STE 2 head was giving us close to 200 screens a day and could have done more. It met our demands this year, and will again next year. If we need more we can go to a three head. But PLEASE don't be sold on the speed alone. Look at what it does for the rest of your workflow. Today my people cruised in after a tough week. Only did thirty fobs on three presses in 8 hours. FASTER set ups are where it pays off. longest set up time today was 10 minutes on a number of jobs, up to eight colors (spoken in a quiet golf course voice....these results will vary from my shop to yours)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2014, 04:58:18 PM »
We Love our I-Image, there is no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that we would ever go backwards. Hoping to see more growth in the next few years to where we out grow this one and get into an ST or STE. This one can do up to 115 screens a day which we aren't maxing out yet so we have room with this one. The set up time improvement, the detain improvement, halftones looking so awesome. There is just no way, unless someone bought a complete piece of garbage unit of saying film is better. If you are on the fence because of the cost, trust me, 1 month into owning one of these and you will wish you did it sooner. Everyone I have talked to within the last year that moved into CTS are all saying the same phrase, "MAN I WISH I DID THIS SOONER!".  Rich you guys need to put that on the M&R site  ;D ;D ;D
No need to. All our customers are saying it loud and clear!
Rich Hoffman

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
No need to. All our customers are saying it loud and clear!

I wish we had bought one sooner!

two months ago i reprinted 8 films because the guy in the screen room lost the original set.  today he found the original set - filed in the wrong folder...

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »
I know that before we bought the i image that I was using an epson 7700 with 24 inch films.  It started giving me major fits because no matter what type of adjustments I made to the printer that the films would never line up a 100%.  If I could line up 3 marks the 4th would be off and it was never consistent and would be off in different ways on the next job.  Needless to say, even with a good FPU and a pallet jig to match that I would have nightmares at the press.  I'm using shurlocs for the most part and some newmans and very seldom do I have to touch a micro.  We do several different types of work including signs, truck lettering and banners so I might go 2 days without printing screens so instead of worrying about head clogs which I'm sure I'm doing this over excessively but I have an old static that I'll place in the i image and print a file using all of the nozzles and then spray the ink off.  After spraying the ink off you can still see a pretty defined stain.  The next time I stick that same frame in to print, I'll print the same file and it prints in the exact same area over the top of where it did before.

Atleast now, if I'm off at the press I know it's because of something else besides incorrect image placement on the screen.

The way I look at it is that I could've bought a new truck that I'd be in for 6 minutes a day but instead I bought the I Image that makes my 10 hours a day easier.
It's not a job if you love doing it.