Author Topic: Best Cleaner To Remove Adhesive Spray From Press  (Read 1432 times)

Offline LuxInks

Best Cleaner To Remove Adhesive Spray From Press
« on: April 29, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »
We recently printed a boat load of fleece over a 3 month period, and our press is in dire need of cleaning.
What is the best product that some of you have found to cut this sticky stuff off of your press. We are looking for something that has a citrus smell or something more pleasant than screen opener!
We appreciate any input you have.
Thanks,
Paul
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Best Cleaner To Remove Adhesive Spray From Press
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
That would be Xenon Xenzu Pac.  Phenomenal product.  Basically an ink degrader / adhesive remover.  $37 per gallon and $175 per fiver.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »
http://www.realmilkpaint.com/citrus.html

Pure limonene. Not cut, SUPER strong. I bought a used press and it removed every speck of spray adhesive off it. It looked brand new.

A little goes a long way. Wipe it on, let it soak a bit, clean off with a scrubby pad.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:00:19 PM »

A little goes a long way. Wipe it on, let it soak a bit, clean off with a scrubby pad.

which size would you recommend to clean a whole press? or four presses for that matter :)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »

which size would you recommend to clean a whole press? or four presses for that matter :)

Depending on the size of the press Xenzu Pac does about 1 -2 presses per gallon.  So with that said you could clean all 4 for roughly $70 or so.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »

Pure limonene. Not cut, SUPER strong. I bought a used press and it removed every speck of spray adhesive off it. It looked brand new.

Thank you! I remember you posted this product years ago and I forgot what the link was. I'm ordering some now.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »
Hey sonny, does that stuff come with free installation?

I'd like to give some a go since our press could use it.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 11:27:09 PM »

Thank you! I remember you posted this product years ago and I forgot what the link was. I'm ordering some now.

You can also buy it from your local Rockler Woodworking store, along with their entire line of milkpaint products,  if you have one that is.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:23:35 AM »
CCI Neutralize=awesome sauce. Inexpensive and can be diluted by as much as 10/1 water to product.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 11:25:53 AM »
No way!  I love that stuff for new mesh, didn't know it was powerful enough to take off adhesive... guess I need to spray it on more stuff.  ;)

Offline LuxInks

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their replies, I really appreciate it!
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing