Author Topic: Roller squeegee before and after example.  (Read 6748 times)

Offline Action1

Roller squeegee before and after example.
« on: May 14, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »
Please enlarge the picture below to see the amazing improvements that the Roller Squeegee and Double Stroke Squeegee can achieve.

We are now sending out Roll Ready - Roller Squeegee Kits.
Includes 1 aluminum frame with the Teflon sheet already laminated to the screen and taped off.
Out of the Box and Ready to Roll - $419 - with a 16" roller squeegee. - for all Automatic Machines.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: Roller squeegee before and after example.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:16 AM »
I got a chance to preview the new screen with Teflon panel pre-applied to a screen at the ISS Nashville event last week.

Erik and the crew have taken a great idea and made it better.

With the attachment method they are using that anti stick panel is never coming off the screen.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Action1

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »
Thank you Greg - I agree. We have the means to laminate the sheet of TeflonĀ® to the frame much better than can be done in the field. It does appear that everyone would prefer to have us to provide the frame - 'ready to roll'. There's no guess work and it's ready use out of the box.

Thank you Greg for your continued endorsement of The Roller Squeegee. Your opinion really counts!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:30:53 PM »
Post pictures of frame and Teflon sheet please, can this be ordered separately?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »
I was told about this technique the other day by one of my local supply reps, and was really impressed with the idea.  It's almost like having a heat press on your automatic to use between hits. 

Any way to get this setup running on a Javelin w/ v-squeegees?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Action1

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »
Post pictures of frame and Teflon sheet please, can this be ordered separately?

yes - we can ship the frame only. $125 - in stock

Offline Action1

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 02:37:48 PM »
I was told about this technique the other day by one of my local supply reps, and was really impressed with the idea.  It's almost like having a heat press on your automatic to use between hits. 

Any way to get this setup running on a Javelin w/ v-squeegees?

We do not have a V-Squeegee compatible roller squeegee. However, I think that Workhorse offers a retrofit kit to allow your machine to use Roller Squeegees - please ask your Workhorse representative. (800)778-8779

Offline Full-SpectrumSeparator

• "Knowledge is possessed only by sharing."
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 03:53:45 PM »
Is there a manual-print roller-squeegee?   I could see this working on a manual press having the extra teflon screen and a roller squeegee that can sort of work in your hands manually...  you could do this do any color you want between flashes etc...    I guess the roller could be more simple for a manual does not have to attach to the automatic press components,  but the concept is the same it really does smooth out the ink,  the only thing I would want to see a more objective scientific comparison is with a gradient of color that shows the percentages, to see if this affects the dot-pattern final % at all, perhaps it might gain but when applying to multiple inks it should help them actually mix-in more on press and penetrate the shirt fabric more.      Overall this seems like a great improvement to the technique of screenprinting and especially when you see how roller-squeegees work on actual ink-screens too but that is more experimental as far as the R&D I've seen.   Great stuff Action Engineering you guys are true innovators,  I always love looking at your site and drooling over the things I would buy if I had a big shop... but starting out on my own from the ground up in printing I'm on a budget with a manual, but I look to you guys for all my future expansion with equipment-accessories either manual or automatic,  so keep up the great work you will have a future customer with me for sure.
"Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press."   https://www.youtube.com/user/FullSpectrumVideo  ||  https://sellfy.com/planetaryprints

Offline starchild

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 04:51:33 PM »
Is there a manual-print roller-squeegee?   I could see this working on a manual press having the extra teflon screen and a roller squeegee that can sort of work in your hands manually...  you could do this do any color you want between flashes etc...    I guess the roller could be more simple for a manual does not have to attach to the automatic press components,  but the concept is the same it really does smooth out the ink,  the only thing I would want to see a more objective scientific comparison is with a gradient of color that shows the percentages, to see if this affects the dot-pattern final % at all, perhaps it might gain but when applying to multiple inks it should help them actually mix-in more on press and penetrate the shirt fabric more.      Overall this seems like a great improvement to the technique of screenprinting and especially when you see how roller-squeegees work on actual ink-screens too but that is more experimental as far as the R&D I've seen.   Great stuff Action Engineering you guys are true innovators,  I always love looking at your site and drooling over the things I would buy if I had a big shop... but starting out on my own from the ground up in printing I'm on a budget with a manual, but I look to you guys for all my future expansion with equipment-accessories either manual or automatic,  so keep up the great work you will have a future customer with me for sure.

Jeff they introduced it to the forums already check the post bellow..

Manual Roller Squeegee
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php?topic=11054.0

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Action1

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »

Thank you sincerely for your positive comments about our company. We have explored the manual roller squeegee options and have not been pleased. Firstly - this technique works only when the ink is very quickly rolled after the flash and at a high pressure.Also -  The kind of pressure that works is on an automatic and couldn't be accomplished by hand. So - we developed a solution for manuals - but it's to pricey for everyone who has commented on it.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 07:22:50 PM »
I've been using the roller since we started printing over here.. and let me say

AWESOME!!

I wish I could show ya'll pictures but if I post one, i can lose my job so you'll just have to trust me on this.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »
Ditto, the roller squeegee really never leaves our presses..... It's pretty much a standard after flash screen we use on 99% of our jobs

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »
We do not have a V-Squeegee compatible roller squeegee. However, I think that Workhorse offers a retrofit kit to allow your machine to use Roller Squeegees - please ask your Workhorse representative. (800)778-8779

Retrofit meaning a chopper setup, or something else?  Just trying to figure out what I'm looking for.  Thanks!
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Action1

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »
Thank you very much John & Danny. We have had numerous examples sent to us depicting the print quality with and without a Roller Squeegee. There really is a very obvious improvement.
Regarding the retrofit for the v-squeegee - yes it's a chopper setup. I know I had heard previously that it was available.

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »
Ditto, to the roller...I bought it the same time as our sportsmen 12/10. since day one its never left the press, amazing quality of prints on anything that requires a base an on fleece..lol it brings your prints to a whole new level...also use it as a lint pick up screen on large banger jobs to...so two great things this little product does....
Hoogie...