Author Topic: Roller squeegee before and after example.  (Read 6749 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Roller squeegee before and after example.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 03:43:16 PM »
Are there any issues with the print sticking to the teflon and lifting the shirt slightly causing reg problems?

Offline Action1

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 04:07:12 PM »
Are there any issues with the print sticking to the teflon and lifting the shirt slightly causing reg problems?

No - that has not been reported. - Next questions sir?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
the only time we've had problems with our homemade one is if it's the second trip around the press on really large print areas.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 04:12:05 PM »
I know a kit is offered that is $120 or so more and that includes a screen and teflon adhered, is the teflon, screen or adhering process that special? (not trying to sound like a wise ass)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »

No - that has not been reported. - Next questions sir?
It`s been reported now. Just happened yesterday as we were printing onto dry fit tees. But I have to say there are certain dry fits that don`t adhere too well to the platens, so not sure yet who is too blame.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 02:20:36 AM »
Do you have to clean the Teflon after each job? I know when I heat press ink for numbers it leaves a residue on the Teflon sheet. Does it do the same thing? I have never used a smoothing screen. I may look into it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 06:29:12 AM »
if your ink is flashed well you don't clean it.

Dry-fits are a pain sometimes.  Most of the fabric is that really nice smooth stuff, but the newer fabrics are really soft and fuzzy, making the effing impossible to print well.

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 07:19:22 AM »
We'll report this as well.. But to be fair the print was being over flashed.  Generally we have no issues.  The bottom line is that the roller squeege/Teflon combo is a serious game changer and if you're not using one you're working harder than you need too.. Especially in tri-blends.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »
I guess I need to try this thing again.  Didn't do much for us the first time and I've tried the application other times without the actual roller but doing the same thing (lots of testing on the manual a few months back) and didn't see enough of a return to invest in it.  I don't doubt others' success with the product, I just wish it would have been a game changer for us.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:23 PM »
I guess I need to try this thing again.  Didn't do much for us the first time and I've tried the application other times without the actual roller but doing the same thing (lots of testing on the manual a few months back) and didn't see enough of a return to invest in it.  I don't doubt others' success with the product, I just wish it would have been a game changer for us.

Without the pressure of a roller (and a clamping device) I don't think a manual press will really be able to utilize this gadget. I think that Erik explored the idea, and gave up due to the added complication of the required clamp.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 04:22:32 PM »
I had experimented with rolling a print when I first heard of the roller squeegee and set up a screen with teflon and all that stuff and substituted a rolling pin, then a hard rubber device that was part of a piece of equipment sitting in the shop, and a few other round tools in place of the roller squeegee and as far as it not actually being the roller squeegee attached to the print carriage I feel that it accomplished the same thing.  We could have duplicated more pressure on the press over a longer period of time but on the manual and auto I was able to apply the equivalent of about 50 psi.  It was enough to deflect the pallet a good distance on the auto and that usually takes a lot of pressure.  Then another forum member (one of the dudes from New Orleans) stopped by one day with his roller squeegee and we tried it a few times and it helped on some poly ink we were printing to a noticeable degree but on the others it didn't do much.  I want to try it again but having done what I feel was a thorough test of the technique then a half-hearted test with the real tool and not seeing the results I wanted I wonder if I'm just wasting my time or if the 3rd time will be the charm. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.