Author Topic: Few recent cars  (Read 4487 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Few recent cars
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 11:55:18 PM »
All that they said, times 2.  :D

Very good. Maybe your best yet.  The first thing I noticed and aprecuated moat was the noise effect to make it different than most. It actually looks sort of like Tedders marker art. You can see the illustration board fibers and that's what that noise represents to me. Good stuff.

As far as getting thr noise to print, I've done that many times in traditional painted art. The thing is, you don't want to use black on it at all if you ca avoid it. Most times you can't fit another black in...and having that in black even on a halftone screen can still be overpowering even if you Set it at 10% abd you would want that to be a percent of Guangdong black if you did go the 2nd black route.  Keepbg it a solid couple pixels would be way too harsh.

The best option is to make that texture come out of the (colors) and not black. You can take a mid level color (or two) and still keep that in halftone form. You want to exaggerate the size of that noise in some cases. Lighter noise colors work easier.

You could always index that baby too. That would get a good noise effect.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 12:06:19 AM »
Guangdong black?   Haha.  Dang IPhone.  I love going back and reading some things I posted using my phone. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 07:25:03 AM »
I was wondering what Guangdong black was.  I was like holy crap, there are so many things I don't know.

Dan, next time you sep a job for me, just remember, I don't stock that black ink.  :P

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »
I thought it was a typo, but I couldn't make anything out of it. Then, I thought I should look it up. Apparently, we'll have to go to China to get it.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline supergabe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 09:30:55 PM »
i`ll buy an XL dude