Author Topic: Static S Threads Recommendations  (Read 2932 times)

Offline abchung

• !!!
Re: Static S Threads Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »
Anyone have any reclaiming advice? I'm pretty careful with them, but my 150s seem to get very mild tears in the weave. It hasn't effected any of my prints, but I imagine it will only get worse with time.

We use to use the brush for reclaiming. But it gave us scratch marks. The sponge just breaks down. So we roll up some small rags for reclaiming. Once used/dried, we throw them away because dried emulsion can scratch the mesh.

Also invest in strong chemicals so they do a good jobs breaking down ink and emulsion so you are not required to scrub so hard.  Dip tanks are a popular option for these.

I might do that.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »
Dont use an abrasive brush on s mesh, that is probably where those tears have come from.  Also invest in strong chemicals so they do a good jobs breaking down ink and emulsion so you are not required to scrub so hard.  Dip tanks are a popular option for these.

You nailed it. I'll ditch the scrub pads. Any recommendation on how to apply the dehazer chemical after the emulsion is washed off?

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »
I am guessing you are using a paste haze remover applied with a brush?  Switching to a liquid would be the easy fix.  You shouldnt have to use such a caustic haze remover on every screen though.  Proper exposure time, not using screen opener, strong emulsion remover, and a stain remover degreaser should work on most your frames.

If you have to use a brush for the HR you could use a sponge instead of a pad. 
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline easyscore

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »
MacDermid chemical brushes. They are expensive but worth every penny. You won't regret the purchase.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »
I mainly use 150s and 200s. I have a couple of 160s and 225s as well.

I didn't know Murakami made 160s and 200s. Are you sure those are the "S" mesh? I could DEFINITELY be wrong, but I thought I looked pretty hard for 200s before.

Anyone in the Midwest, Northwest Graphic(in Minnesota) stretches them. You can probably order them from anyone there but I usually talk to Ben....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 11:58:43 PM »
I mainly use 150s and 200s. I have a couple of 160s and 225s as well.

I didn't know Murakami made 160s and 200s. Are you sure those are the "S" mesh? I could DEFINITELY be wrong, but I thought I looked pretty hard for 200s before.

Anyone in the Midwest, Northwest Graphic(in Minnesota) stretches them. You can probably order them from anyone there but I usually talk to Ben....

According to Westar Solutions, they only stretch their screens with S-Thread. I've used similar mesh sizes that were non-murakami and these have to be S-Thread because they clear so much easier.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 07:11:57 AM »
We have them stocked and do free shipping on all supply orders over $100.00.  You can call us or order online.

Thanks!
Kevin

Just ordered 3!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 04:20:21 PM »
We have them stocked and do free shipping on all supply orders over $100.00.  You can call us or order online.

Thanks!
Kevin

Just ordered 3!

I would like to hear your thoughts on those!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »
I will report back. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »
So where can I order these close to colorado? Must be true murakami screens though, not just mesh. Any ideas anyone?

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »
So where can I order these close to colorado? Must be true murakami screens though, not just mesh. Any ideas anyone?

I think River City is the closest dealer to CO. Murakami is out of CA so I think its the same ship time though

Murphy37