Author Topic: What a Morning  (Read 7659 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Re: What a Morning
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »
I wish it wasn't so difficult to remove platens from my javelin... if that was the case, I could easily swap platens out for a triloc... oh well.. next press will be much more advanced and 'newer'...

Don't mean to derail the thread, but couldn't you just retrofit pallet arm #1 with a quick release bracket and use the tri-loc on that?  I was planning on doing that with my Javelin as soon as I have a reg system in house for my new press, but just assumed it would work so I haven't looked into it entirely.  Definitely worth the $$ if you're planning on keeping the Javelin as your main press for a while, and beyond that as well.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 01:00:56 PM »
Hmm. The only problem with that is the retrofit kit is a 3 bolt mount, and what's on there now is 4 bolt.  I'd have to break out the the welder to do that.. but...   now you got me thinking. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »
I wish it wasn't so difficult to remove platens from my javelin... if that was the case, I could easily swap platens out for a triloc... oh well.. next press will be much more advanced and 'newer'...

Don't mean to derail the thread, but couldn't you just retrofit pallet arm #1 with a quick release bracket and use the tri-loc on that?  I was planning on doing that with my Javelin as soon as I have a reg system in house for my new press, but just assumed it would work so I haven't looked into it entirely.  Definitely worth the $$ if you're planning on keeping the Javelin as your main press for a while, and beyond that as well.

I put the retro kit on my javi, Lol so glad I...we use it more for the knock out two colors sleeves, legs and youth shirts and let the M&R run all day on the more intense jobs. the tri-loc works well on the javi, but things that I've run into is screen holder deflection...when locking down the screen the clamp feet want to kick the screen towards the center of the machine kicking it away from the back stop on the tri-loc. I fixed most of that by shimming the clam downs...now when I lock in a screen it pushes the screen back tight against the tri-loc...I thought it was pretty good till my sporty came in...lol theres a huge difference there..no deflection at all with M&R...but the system works well on the javi Ill give it that....
Hoogie...

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »
would really like to see pics of this FPU that you made alan....I've tried using the tri-loc master frame off of the exposure unit with the line up grid under that...that didn't work so well..so I'm back to using the carrier sheets with pretty good success.
Hoogie...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 09:52:13 AM »
I should have time this week to get pics up.  Last week was the busiest we've ever been and I'm doing a workshop this weekend but next week looks manageable with just my guys out back so I'll have a little time to play.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
Alan, I sent you a PM
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2014, 07:06:05 PM »
Alan, I sent you a PM

Once I get the two walking gonads squared away in the morning (dropping the hammer on the constant texting they do with their lady friends during work hours) I'll be giving you a call if you're available tomorrow.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2014, 07:08:13 PM »
Alan, I sent you a PM

Once I get the two walking gonads squared away in the morning (dropping the hammer on the constant texting they do with their lady friends during work hours) I'll be giving you a call if you're available tomorrow.

I'm about at the end of my rope with the cell phones and texting.  I'm just about to put a box on the wall with a label on it that says "DEPOSIT CELL PHONES HERE". 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »

I'm about at the end of my rope with the cell phones and texting.

What does your policy regarding phone usage on company time state?

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »
Our thing on phones is if your at the back of the dryer working and you can text and keep up with shirts coming off, go for it.  If you walk past the dryer to the press side of the room and I see you with your phone, 1 warning, then termination after that.  Ive been real clear about it so far it's worked.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2014, 09:00:23 AM »

Key point, I need to get to creating a policy.  So far it's just been verbal.  I've told them that I don't mind using the phone for emergencies but come on it seems like they would be disabled without staring at a phone screen.   I guess I'm from the old school when pay phones were still popular and only the elite had the bag phones.

It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2014, 09:01:37 AM »

It's never been a problem until recently.  It's been building steadily for a few months now and on Friday every time I caught one of them standing there looking at their phone I stared at them until they noticed I was looking at them.  I doubt that anything less than me getting rid of them completely will stop it.  I'm going to have a 66% turnover in my crew by the end of this month.  One more violation of a few different policies from either of the two and they gone.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2014, 10:24:59 AM »
Our thing on phones is if your at the back of the dryer working and you can text and keep up with shirts coming off, go for it.  If you walk past the dryer to the press side of the room and I see you with your phone, 1 warning, then termination after that.  Ive been real clear about it so far it's worked.

That's priceless!
It weeds out the ones that won't put in the effort in the long run anyways.
Best to not have any distractions though. Quality wains fast when people are looking at
other things when shirts are flying off the auto.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2014, 03:00:20 PM »
Your policies and procedures are there to cover your ass in the case of termination, not the employees.
Once a policy is in place and in the handbook, you can write up your employees for infraction of said policy.

They violate policy, you write them up for it. They keep doing it then you fire em. You have documentation to show in the unemployment hearing how they violated company policy X amount of times along with written documentation where they were informed of said policy, told that if they did it again, termination. Their signature on the bottom of the write up report is enough for any magistrate to deny the claim.

Show up at an unemployment hearing without documentation of any kind (verbal don't count in court) and you're F'ed.

If you need an employee manual, plenty of basic ones are available online that will get you going. Then you just amend is as you go.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »
Alan lots of turnover here recently too. People just don't have any motivation to work. Shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk