Author Topic: My press is down....  (Read 5517 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Re: My press is down....
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
Not trying to start a TeeTee match but we're still on our 40 original Bimbas on the RPM but I'm not sure what constitutes a lot or if our case is an anomaly or if our air oiler is just the bomb, or both, or all, or none, just throwing out an experience I've had with them.  Carry on.

I'd imagine that running your press at 25psi may play a part in that as well.  One shop I visited recently was running at 60 across the board.  Its no wonder they'd need indestructible cylinders.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »
Dayum. Really?  They sound like they're magic

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 06:03:48 PM »
We are a 1 press shop 8/10 electric index and heads with 1 flash.  Installed later half of 08' now has close to 1mil. impressions

Here is the short list.
-Bulbs and sockets out in the flash 3 different times while under warranty.  Down maybe 1/2 day each waiting on replacements overnighted then replacing the sockets.

-Same Problem as above, only this time the flash catches fire, and the warranty is out.  So we pay shipping  back to manufacturer for an upgrade/retrofit to fix the problem.  UPS drops the flash on return shipping, but we paid for insurance.  Asked for a new flash and was told they have non in stock and it will be 6-8 wks for replacement WTF.  So we ordered the parts to fix our flash that we have already paid for once overnighted and paid for a second time (plus shipping).  We are out some coin on this one with 5 days of down time and we lost the order we were working on 2,000+pcs and revenue for the week.  UPS never paid a dime.

-Had servo go down due to power glitch or what ever twice, and wipes out all the default settings.  This is when I was introduced to a mattress salesman who did help or get me some help walking through fixes over the phone.  Lost 2 days of production limped along for 3 more trying to get the problem fixed.  This one cost us a customer b/c order was shipped late.
I still get a weird "Servo Time Out Error" 2-3 times every other day (to fix, turn off machine re home indexer 2min. tops)

-Had proximity sensors go bad on the print heads.  The manufacturer only had 4 in stock, and was told a week to get replacements.  I sourced them myself and had them shipped.  These are a huge PITA to replace on our machine, so I only replaced the ones on the heads that where down.  Down 1 full day to replace sensors.

-Ruptured airlines in the print carriage.  Waaaaay to many to list.  I think all have been replaced.   

-Had to replace pallets, the double sided adhesive tape let go.  Got the new pallets in from the manufacturer and had to send right back for the same issue.  They fixed the problem with screws and tape, I posted a pic in another thread recently.  1 day of down time.  I was able to move to another job with youth pallets for 2 days.  Got lucky.

-Had Brandon from Spot Color Supply come in March.  Replaced the lift cylinder (The Manufacturer had in stock and was able to send next day)  Also replaced the Remaining Prox. switches, airlines, ect...  I scheduled this so there was no loss in production, and our machine has never ran so well.  I posted this as well. 

-Bad switch on my dryer.  Had a Tech on with me for 2-3 hours trouble shooting the issue.  Was able to source the replacement switch locally and we where back up and running. 

Chris

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »
Even though I always mention that at the workshops I still forget what kind of role that plays sometimes.  20-25 psi is almost nothing and we actually could print with less at times but it's not enough to lift and lower the chopper bars.

Chris, that's a tough deal you've had to work through.  You my friend are a saint for not assaulting someone.  That press is a year older than ours but fairly close with impressions count and I couldn't imagine going through 1/4th of that much less all of it. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 07:47:42 AM »

-Had servo go down due to power glitch or what ever twice, and wipes out all the default settings.  This is when I was introduced to a mattress salesman who did help or get me some help walking through fixes over the phone.  Lost 2 days of production limped along for 3 more trying to get the problem fixed.  This one cost us a customer b/c order was shipped late.
I still get a weird "Servo Time Out Error" 2-3 times every other day (to fix, turn off machine re home indexer 2min. tops)

Chris

Intersting considering our presses come from the same pedigree, I also have the servo time out error especially on start up.
"No man is an island"

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »
Wait a min or two between turning the press on and hitting the accept button. Most likely the servo amp has not finished its power up and self check sequence so not sending any signal to the press. The press looks for it to start homing and can't find it so it stops and throws an error code.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2014, 08:05:50 AM »
Ambiguous thread is ambiguous

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 08:11:18 AM »
Wait a min or two between turning the press on and hitting the accept button. Most likely the servo amp has not finished its power up and self check sequence so not sending any signal to the press. The press looks for it to start homing and can't find it so it stops and throws an error code.

Yea i usually turn the press on walk away, when I come back I can home the
"No man is an island"

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »

Yea i usually turn the press on walk away, when I come back I can home the indexer.
"No man is an island"

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »

Chris

Intersting considering our presses come from the same pedigree, I also have the servo time out error especially on start up.

We get the error alarm while in production.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 09:47:30 AM »
Have you replaced the main power contactor?

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »
Man, sorry to hear that Chris, that is just plain out scary to not know when that thing will decide to go down. This is one reason why, as basic as our DB is, in a few months when we add the new press, we aren't getting rid of the DB. Even if it isn't used on a daily basis, knowing we have back up will give me some serious peace of mind. Hope you can get the issues ironed out and have smooth sailing from here on out!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »
We are a 1 press shop 8/10 electric index and heads with 1 flash.  Installed later half of 08' now has close to 1mil. impressions

Here is the short list.

Chris

holy eff, hate to see the long list....that bucket of bolts would be on a pallet and sent back to the red team....

we have a refurb'd '94 6/8 gauntlet from Cosmex and a 2001 10/12 Gauntlet II from CGS - and knock on wood - only about an hour or two down time between the two, small things....

my dryer on the other hand  ::)..that mother effer, that's another story..I was down for about three weeks....thank GOD for having a back up dryer.....although I gotta say once I found the correct wire for the spark plug, it's been a solid machine...oh, and the new belt....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
That just blows me away, if I was the company and my customer had that many problems, I'd sent a truck with a new press and pick that old press up and have my guys go over that thing with a fine tooth comb before it went out again as used.  I bought a set of new tires and the truck drove like I was on a wagon and this was some of the best brand tires, the company replaced my tires, but found out it was a mfg issue and I still buy from then today.

D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
Have you replaced the main power contactor?

Brian, you lost me. PM with specifics when you have the time.

Thanks
Chris