Author Topic: Matsui metallic gold  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Matsui metallic gold
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:20:02 PM »
Is there anything like this as a RFU color?
Just asking because Matsui here in Japan offers only metallic silver and in order to get a metallic god we would have to add some yellow pigments to the metallic silver.
So too complicated to me.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Matsui metallic gold
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »
It's easy to tint to gold.  I didn't have the best experience with it however, far too much hassle for a print that felt essentially like plastisol to me.  Just my opinion, others love the stuff and there's a good chance the first gal I got was actually spent and causing a good deal of the issues.

Whatever you do, do not overprint it over a DC base or try to activate it! 

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:58:58 AM »
Union WB Metallic Shimmer Gold is one of the best new products I have seen in years. Everyone is blown away by it. Reeaaallly soft and sparkly.

Offline noortrd

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:09 AM »
Need glitter base ready to use ink .

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:35:54 AM »
They do not make a ready to use metallic gold.  You would have to buy their Metallic Silver Base and tint it using Matsui Neo Gold Yellow MFR. 
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:52:05 AM »
Union WB Metallic Shimmer Gold is one of the best new products I have seen in years. Everyone is blown away by it. Reeaaallly soft and sparkly.

Will look into that, thanks. I keep forgetting Union makes WB.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
But that`s only for light colored garments, right?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 06:07:19 AM »
No. Printing it direct on navy blanks for a major fitness apparel group and they love it.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
No. Printing it direct on navy blanks for a major fitness apparel group and they love it.
Maybe I looked at the wrong Union waterbased gold , the only one I can find is the Union Aerotex shimmer gold. Or is there another waterbased gold available from Union?

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »
Maybe I looked at the wrong Union waterbased gold , the only one I can find is the Union Aerotex shimmer gold. Or is there another waterbased gold available from Union?

I don't have experience with the Union WB inks, but most metallic WB inks have the opacity to P/F/P and lay down a nice print on dark cotton shirts.  If you get a batch thats a bit runny and you have some time, leave the bucket without a lid for a few days and allow some of the water to evaporate.  The less water, the more opaque they'll print out of the bucket, but as a side effect they also become a bit tougher to work with.

In regards to the Matsui inks, its really not too tough to mix a gold from the silver, and I can send you our formulas if you decide to go that route.  They are the PC colors though, and I understand that Matsui has discontinued that line.  But you should be able to get close with any system using our formulas as a guide. We've done bronze, copper, pink, purple and all sorts of other metallics using that ink and its no more difficult than mixing a standard color.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL