Author Topic: [WANTED] Used Auto - Bottom of the Barrel  (Read 48828 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: [WANTED] Used Auto - Bottom of the Barrel
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
IMHO the biggest shortcoming of the Javelin is learning how to print with the v squeegees. ..

I can register a 6 color job in no longer than 30 to 40 minutes tops... many times it's 10 to 15 minutes. ..

The screen holders definitely have a bit of flex, however once you understand what's going on with them and maybe upgrade to the newer style rear hang down holders,  life gets a lot better.

As far as maintenance goes, it's very easy to maintain,  and easy to understand how to work on it.

One huge bonus (some may disagree) is the ability to get a flashback which allows for in head flashing.

Now that we've got one, we've been using it day in day out to just run the press around once on the quick 1 color pfp jobs.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 10:01:12 AM »
$2,500 you are speaking more to the OP needs now! Nice find.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
Yeah I have no knowledge of those American style printers, how well they register, or how fast they can run. In the video it looks like it indexes slower than molasses, but I doubt it was maxed out. All electric, standard squeegee/floods, decent image area. Probably no stroke length adjustments.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »

In summary, I would like:
-ANY automatic press ( colors/brand/age are less important than it pulling a squeegee and holding acceptable registration)
-within 10-12 hours of central Texas
-$5k or less

So, how long is that particular drive?

Years ago, when I pulled on an American Multiprinter, I don't remember a lot of mid-run registration issues besides the screen that had just whacked a careless worker.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
based on the fact that it is all electric and half my budget and seems to work very similarly to my ancient cameo (which I know like the back of my hand), I'm thinking that one in SC is a winner right now.  That's about a 17 hour drive for me, and I'm not 100% sure what the best way to get there and back with it would be (maybe a Uhaul style truck?).  Once I figure that out and if it's still available, I will probably go for that unless I can find a similar deal closer.

Seriously, I can't thank y'all enough for all the info and help!  If anyone does come across a better deal close to Austin in the next few weeks, please let me know!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 01:17:21 PM »
based on the fact that it is all electric and half my budget and seems to work very similarly to my ancient cameo (which I know like the back of my hand), I'm thinking that one in SC is a winner right now.  That's about a 17 hour drive for me, and I'm not 100% sure what the best way to get there and back with it would be (maybe a Uhaul style truck?).  Once I figure that out and if it's still available, I will probably go for that unless I can find a similar deal closer.

Seriously, I can't thank y'all enough for all the info and help!  If anyone does come across a better deal close to Austin in the next few weeks, please let me know!

All the american style machines are WAYYYYYYYY Heavier. Built like tanks
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »
you might want to look into renting a penske or something like that that has a liftgate....  of course I brought my press back on a construction trailer.. that was a fun experience doing it with a pallet jack, come-along, and some straps:

trying to load/unload a press onto a uhaul truck would NOT be fun.

-J

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »
This is how we've moved almost every piece of equipment in our shop. Not fun.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
trailer you rent by day, truck will cost you per mile and is too expensive. get a trailer!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 01:51:16 PM »
of course I brought my press back on a construction trailer.. that was a fun experience doing it with a pallet jack, come-along, and some straps:

I did the exact same thing with my Javelin.  Drove it from Tennessee to Fort Lauderdale, ripped 5-6 tarps to shreds in the process, got rained on (and almost cried), took naps in the car, etc.  It was one hell of an experience, and one I'll never forget.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »
I actually already have an 18 foot flatbed trailer, but I didn't know if having the press exposed to the elements (even with tarping) was advisable.  I guess if that's how everyone does it, I am good to go!

Anyone have any advice on what I should take apart vs leave intact for the journey or how I should secure everything on the press?  I know how to secure the base to the trailer and use tiedowns, but I'm not familiar enough with the construction of autos to know what specifically would require extra bracing or would be better taken off for the journey.  Any info would be great!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »
Heads will all come off and can easily be palletized, 2x4's for block and brace.
Pallet arms will come off as well, same deal, not as heavy.

Be sure that the pallet table is released from the reg forks, and wedge the fork(s) down gently.
Secure the pallet table to the base so it doesn't helicopter constantly.

Wrap the whole thing in pallet wrap and away you go.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:56 PM »
Sounds simple enough.  Thanks for the tips!