Author Topic: [WANTED] Used Auto - Bottom of the Barrel  (Read 48822 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: [WANTED] Used Auto - Bottom of the Barrel
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2014, 01:51:29 PM »
it's better than a 1-3 color machine.  Provided that machine is well maintained, it should easily hold reg on all 6 heads.

You can build a really sweet IR shuttle flash for those pretty easily as well.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »
Getting photos from the guy soon.  Apparently he replaced a bunch of cylinders recently, and one of the screen clamp knobs on one head would need to be retapped.  For $5k I think it would be a good deal, especially if I can use my platens for my Kruzer and any other accessories.

Does anyone know where I can find the air/electric requirements for a 95 6/8 guantlet?

O and the free multiprinter in New Orleans is suddenly $1500, and they still havent returned my call or email lol...http://neworleans.craigslist.org/hvo/4550063486.html

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »
Getting photos from the guy soon.  Apparently he replaced a bunch of cylinders recently, and one of the screen clamp knobs on one head would need to be retapped.  For $5k I think it would be a good deal, especially if I can use my platens for my Kruzer and any other accessories.

Does anyone know where I can find the air/electric requirements for a 95 6/8 guantlet?

O and the free multiprinter in New Orleans is suddenly $1500, and they still havent returned my call or email lol...http://neworleans.craigslist.org/hvo/4550063486.html
Voltage will be 110 volts and 3 amps. air requirements will be 23 cfm @ 110 psi
Rich Hoffman

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Rich!

Do you have any thoughts on a Guantlet that age?  Things to look out for perhaps :D

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
Thanks for the info Rich!

Do you have any thoughts on a Guantlet that age?  Things to look out for perhaps :D

we have one in the same age range, i think zoo does too.

I know we had to replace a TON of stuff on ours, so that it was running smoothly.

I'm sure Zoo will post about his experience way more in depth than I will, as i'm sort of a tech. dummy, but feel free to come on over and check ours out
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »
That American probably won't be the ticket, but back in the early 90's we
were printing some Marilyn, Dean, Einstein, Beatles and the like on one.
Fun times lining up multicolor work on those...

Don't get in the way of indexing, mangled an Omni flash once. ::)
Piling up an old Harco dryer with shirts, starting fires.
Get out the broom!! Ahh the good old days.

Get an older/newer "late 1990's" Blue air machine budget wise if possible.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »
we have a '94 6/gauntlet too, it was our main machine for 3 or 4 years, and we still use it..actually when I print - about once every 2 or 3 months, I prefer to use the 6/8 over the G2......it's a fast little pecker..... we ran 6 color sim process DC on it, no issues at all. we have a love/hate relationship with it...we nicknamed it "stupid mthrfker".....but seriously, you will get where you want to go with a gauntlet....for 5k, you really can't go wrong unless like these guys said, the main shaft is shot...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
The guy uploaded a video.  Anyone see any issues who is more familiar with these machines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0jMuGfyIE

The shuttle flash is included.

One thing I noticed is the pallets seem to connect in a different way than on my kruzer, but i cant really see much in the video.  Does the current pallet quickrelease system on m&r's work with this machine, or is there a simple way to retrofit it?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »
The guy uploaded a video.  Anyone see any issues who is more familiar with these machines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0jMuGfyIE

The shuttle flash is included.

One thing I noticed is the pallets seem to connect in a different way than on my kruzer, but i cant really see much in the video.  Does the current pallet quickrelease system on m&r's work with this machine, or is there a simple way to retrofit it?
The index is not set up right. You really need to have a tech check the center shaft bushing to make sure they are good. Pallets will work.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2014, 11:38:57 AM »
somethings up with the reg forks /cams on that. watch the table rise...not to supposed to shift like that...listen to 244, get that baby looked at first.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
I noticed that but wasn't sure if that was a problem.  With the cost of a tech and travel or crating from Atlanta, this one is looking like a no go for me.

I really do just want something for like 6 months that will hammer out super simple work while I save up for an ideal first auto.  I'm also thinking of moving into a bigger and newer space before the end of the year, so the all electric Americans are more appealing simply because of the infrastructure improvements necessary with other machines.  I'd rather not spend money on that at two spaces instead of one. 

I'll keep hunting!

Again, I truly appreciate all the help and advice in this thread.  Proof yet again of how invaluable this community is.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:50 PM »
Might be tough to find, but I'd like to think that except for those specifically listed as (and priced as) "as is", sticking a few screens in there and actually demonstrating a simple multi-color print shouldn't be that unreasonable.

I'd expect a test drive with most used cars in the $7K price range.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »
I noticed that but wasn't sure if that was a problem.  With the cost of a tech and travel or crating from Atlanta, this one is looking like a no go for me.

I really do just want something for like 6 months that will hammer out super simple work while I save up for an ideal first auto.  I'm also thinking of moving into a bigger and newer space before the end of the year, so the all electric Americans are more appealing simply because of the infrastructure improvements necessary with other machines.  I'd rather not spend money on that at two spaces instead of one. 

I'll keep hunting!

Again, I truly appreciate all the help and advice in this thread.  Proof yet again of how invaluable this community is.

One thing to consider about the american is how you are going to deal with it when you get a nicer auto. I suppose at the price that most of them go for, they are nearly disposable, but still I am not looking forward to the day I need to get rid of it. Is there really a market for used multiprinters?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »

I'll keep hunting!

One thing to consider about the american is how you are going to deal with it when you get a nicer auto. I suppose at the price that most of them go for, they are nearly disposable, but still I am not looking forward to the day I need to get rid of it. Is there really a market for used multiprinters?

There are folks with limited funds that consider any automatic a step up. Hell, we even have a guy on this forum looking,who pretty much said just that! LOL!

Otherwise, you're looking at a half dozen or so small flat stock presses as an alternative.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »

I'll keep hunting!

There are folks with limited funds that consider any automatic a step up. Hell, we even have a guy on this forum looking,who pretty much said just that! LOL!

Otherwise, you're looking at a half dozen or so small flat stock presses as an alternative.

That's what got me into this mess lol. But, yeah it's true that mimosa is possibly looking for one, I just don't see them move like other presses.