Author Topic: My first week with the I Image  (Read 4796 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: My first week with the I Image
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
The STE seems like a killer machine and not that a conventional CTS wouldn't work for us but the STE would cut our payroll by 30%, increase our productivity by 25-50% even after cutting payroll.  The regular CTS with the regular exposure unit wouldn't give us those types of numbers so I'm VERY intrigued by the STE.

Alan, the numbers you and I have discussed definitely shows you would rock more out with an STE. I know you could get it with the model we have, but you are already on that cusp of needing the second auto to have 2 presses running full time, the STE would be the right move for you for sure!!! I could only imagine the growth you guys would do literally shooting out finished screens. I know your pre-reg jig is tight and working flawless, but now eliminate that, think of just popping a screen in a holder, and in a minute it comes out imaged and exposed perfect for press. You'd be like a little kid in a candy store pushing those sales guys to start stacking up order and take those figures you've helped increase to a whole new level!! Not to mention, with the way you have dialed in your reclaim and coating, I bet you would be the guy who could literally use 4 pieces of tape only for your block out. Inside tape only, ready to rock, that saves more time and money as well. I'm not there with the taping yet, our recent screen guy isn't as good as the last one. He does good, but not flawless, so I still like to safeguard with tape so we don't have to stop on press, "just in case".
We just installed an STE II  in a shop that had 5 DTS units running around the clock and it is out producing all of them combined. They are producing 600 finished screens every 20 hrs and holding 2% dot.
Flip a coin and hope it lands on its edge. You need both ASAP !
Well that is impressive sir. 

I see that or a dryer as our next purchase.  I hope this year.
Rich Hoffman

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »

Why the delay?....Those items should make you more money from day one....

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »

Why the delay?....Those items should make you more money from day one....

Yup, no math needed on my part as far as logical buys.  Remember I am just a bottom feeder that has to stack up his coins again.  I did just buy a 6 bed room home, a new Vette, paid cash for a full print/plot set up, starlight, heat press, quartz flash, quick clamp, and just buying a fully loaded Ch3D all in the last 4 months.  Some might say slow down.  ;)
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »
cant WAIT to get mine!  Its ready to ship but we are closed next week for vacations so I told them to ship it on the 7th!  So excited.

Hey brother, did I miss a call from you this week?

butt called ya!  sorry!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 11:45:33 AM »
 ;D

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 11:55:37 AM »
cant WAIT to get mine!  Its ready to ship but we are closed next week for vacations so I told them to ship it on the 7th!  So excited.

Hey brother, did I miss a call from you this week?

butt called ya!  sorry!

well I had a funny come back for that one, butttttt, I didn't want it to be taken out of context.

Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
244  - any of those 5 units available for sale?

we need one in the worst way....something to go along side my new starlight.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 02:06:34 PM »
I've bought a lot of equipment (all blue) in 25 years of printing....this - by FAR - is my best piece of equipment!!!!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
I've bought a lot of equipment (all blue) in 25 years of printing....this - by FAR - is my best piece of equipment!!!!!

That's a pretty powerful statement.  You make a man wanna pull a trigger lol.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 06:13:16 PM »

[/quote]
I did just buy a 6 bed room home, a new Vette, paid cash for a full print/plot set up, starlight, heat press, quartz flash, quick clamp, and just buying a fully loaded Ch3D all in the last 4 months.  Some might say slow down.  ;)
[/quote]

Damn that's a lot of cool stuff....when I grow up I wanna be just like you...well not really... a bit more humble for sure... and arrogance makes my butt look big so gotta keep that in check as well....
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Online Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »

what is your coating method?  did you have to change anything?  i read somewhere about someone had to adjust their coating method because they werent putting enough emulsion on the mesh for the i-Image ink... 

also, what do you have for an exposure unit? or did you get the i-Image STE version?
[/quote]

[/quote]
the only thing I regret, and now Doug, I'm sure you can back me on this. I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE IT SOONER!!!!

Mike
[/quote]

No changing in coating method.  I'm coating 2/1 with WR14 round edge and 1/1 with chromablue  sharp edge.  The I Image is the original with the epson head.  I'm not near where I need to be to even step close to the ST or the STE but will have plenty of room to grow with this one.  I have the lawson led exposure unit and it's the only thing that is not M&R in the shop.  I wanted to go with the led exposure and M&R hadn't released theirs yet.  The lawson does a fine job as far as exposure quality but at nowhere near the speed of the starlight.  The starlight has 10 times the amount of bulbs as the Lawson.

Amen to that Mike, I wish I had done it sooner.  I can tell you this, if and when I wear this one out, that it will be replaced.  I've only used it for a week and I don't think I could go back.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 08:50:05 PM »

what is your coating method?  did you have to change anything?  i read somewhere about someone had to adjust their coating method because they werent putting enough emulsion on the mesh for the i-Image ink... 

also, what do you have for an exposure unit? or did you get the i-Image STE version?

[/quote]
the only thing I regret, and now Doug, I'm sure you can back me on this. I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE IT SOONER!!!!

Mike
[/quote]

No changing in coating method.  I'm coating 2/1 with WR14 round edge and 1/1 with chromablue  sharp edge.  The I Image is the original with the epson head.  I'm not near where I need to be to even step close to the ST or the STE but will have plenty of room to grow with this one.  I have the lawson led exposure unit and it's the only thing that is not M&R in the shop.  I wanted to go with the led exposure and M&R hadn't released theirs yet.  The lawson does a fine job as far as exposure quality but at nowhere near the speed of the starlight.  The starlight has 10 times the amount of bulbs as the Lawson.

Amen to that Mike, I wish I had done it sooner.  I can tell you this, if and when I wear this one out, that it will be replaced.  I've only used it for a week and I don't think I could go back.
[/quote]

thanks for the answers -  i was concerned that we would have to change our coating methods.

we are looking at the ST with two heads - maybe down the road we will look into the starlight

we average 4 rolls of 36" wide film per month - our film storage racks are literally buckling under the weight.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 05:58:30 AM »
244  - any of those 5 units available for sale?

we need one in the worst way....something to go along side my new starlight.
they are in another country and not mine.
Rich Hoffman

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »

I did just buy a 6 bed room home, a new Vette, paid cash for a full print/plot set up, starlight, heat press, quartz flash, quick clamp, and just buying a fully loaded Ch3D all in the last 4 months.  Some might say slow down.  ;)
[/quote]

Damn that's a lot of cool stuff....when I grow up I wanna be just like you...well not really... a bit more humble for sure... and arrogance makes my butt look big so gotta keep that in check as well....
[/quote]

I came from nothing, can't help but be proud of where I am today. I wont apologize for hoping 1 person sees a guy that started a business with 10 bucks in a 1 bedroom apartment and see's where it's taken him. I know when I seen some success around me when I was younger I sure paid attention and took notes. If that makes me arrogant to some or not humble, trust me I wont lose any sleep tonight.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2014, 12:35:37 PM »
I'm proud of myself too.  As I'm sure most everyone else is too on this site.  I don't sign the checks though so...There is that to strive for.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.