Author Topic: S-Mesh Statics review  (Read 11312 times)

Offline Underbase37

Re: S-Mesh Statics review
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »
I just ordered a dozen more on Friday, these screens are my new best friend.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »

did you order yours from Spot Color supply? I'm ordering a dozen or two on monday, I just want to know how well they ship, being fragile and all....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 12:55:15 AM »

did you order yours from Spot Color supply? I'm ordering a dozen or two on monday, I just want to know how well they ship, being fragile and all....
I'm sorry I saw tour post this morning & then I started having employees show up early so we just started getting to it.

I have not bought any S-Mesh from them yet. I did see they might start carrying it. I have bought screens (not "S") from them before & did not have problems.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »

The screens I got had a thin piece of styrofoam at each corner of the screens, which I'm assuming keeps them a bit safer during shipping. They were not ordered from Spot Color though.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 01:38:42 PM »

The screens I got had a thin piece of styrofoam at each corner of the screens, which I'm assuming keeps them a bit safer during shipping. They were not ordered from Spot Color though.

x2

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »

I get frames from them and on the occasion there is a problem, they fix it right away, don't worry about that.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »

We actually "make" all of our frame boxes here... From our experience frames being able to move in the box leads to popped screens... We will have to see about S-Mesh, but the only time that we have had frames pop in transit is when the driver decides to put his foot through the side of the box... :P

We look foreword to doing business with you!!

Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »

We actually "make" all of our frame boxes here... From our experience frames being able to move in the box leads to popped screens... We will have to see about S-Mesh, but the only time that we have had frames pop in transit is when the driver decides to put his foot through the side of the box... :P

We look foreword to doing business with you!!
Do you have pricing on the s-mesh frames yet?

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 12:50:50 PM »
Not yet... Working on that now.

The will be more expensive... We will make the same amount, but the mesh costs more than the Saati we currently use.
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
If you have retensionables you can retension to 22-24 on S mesh,  All mesh tensions are mesh specific. 
150S 18-28 newtons.  -  28 is the staging point, no more tension can be had, the threads can't take anymore and this is not a good tension for textile shops.  I always choose something in the middle, and since any ink passes with less squeegee pressure super high tensions are not needed on base plates, wb, and discharge. 

180S 22-35 newtons, so I would go to 27-29.  Same thread diameter as 150S but more threads = slightly higher tension capability.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »
If you have retensionables you can retension to 22-24 on S mesh,  All mesh tensions are mesh specific. 
150S 18-28 newtons.  -  28 is the staging point, no more tension can be had, the threads can't take anymore and this is not a good tension for textile shops.  I always choose something in the middle, and since any ink passes with less squeegee pressure super high tensions are not needed on base plates, wb, and discharge. 

180S 22-35 newtons, so I would go to 27-29.  Same thread diameter as 150S but more threads = slightly higher tension capability.

Al

Thanks Alan!

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
We had our first S-Mesh casualty this morning during a color change.  I've been running them full speed in all applications besides degreasing to see how they'd hold up, so it was bound to happen sooner or later.  Plastic ink scoop split a 150S on the side of the screen.  Scoop didn't go through the tape, just popped the mesh underneath. 

Took a lot longer than expected though, as we've been running them non-stop since they arrived.  We'll now begin showing them a bit more respect.  They sure as hell deserve it.

Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:05 PM »
Who carries static S-Mesh frames?
Tees and Coffee

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
Murakami sells Static S Mesh Frames in 20x24, 23x31, 25x36 with the following mesh counts being the most popular:
80S - Gels, High Density (stretch on bias recommended for large print areas)
90S - Gels, Puffs, High Density,
135/S - High Solids Acrylics, Discharge, water base, large spot color.   
150/S - White Plastisol Base Plates, Discharge, water base.
180/S - White Plastisol Base Plates, Detailed Discharge, water base
225/S - White Plastisol Base Plates, Detailed Spot Plastisol, detailed water base.  (Discharge will have some color drop, I prefer saturating the fabric for vivid color, but it will work)   

There are also S meshes available in higher mesh counts
310/S - Only for the brave like Kevin at Forward Printing in Oakland, CA, He has done 4/C discharge process printing with this with excellent results.  Incredible halftone work.
350S - Sim Process/Index plastisol color overprints, controls ink laydown to keep it sharp.

1.800.562.3534 ext 118

Alan
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2014, 12:25:09 PM »
Who carries static S-Mesh frames?