Author Topic: Has anyone recently made the switch?  (Read 5116 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Has anyone recently made the switch?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
I just bought a new PC and can't wait to get it up and running.  Should be sweet.

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »
your running Cs2?
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline shirtz

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »
OK so I took the plunge today and bought a imac 27" with 8 megs of ram. I also got vmfusion so I can use corel draw.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks for everyone's input greatly appreciated

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
osetta, which is something that allows you to use the earlier versions of software, like CS

Cs 3 and up are universal & will run on intel with Lion. you do not need to run  Micro$uck WINDOZ to use PC based software on an intel mac.....

why can't i then...I get a window that says powerpc can't run on this computer.?

It could be that not all versions of CS3 were universal? My copy says universal on the box at least and I bought it new with an intel macbook pro. IMHO, if your software requires a PPC mac, it is probably not that great and there is a much superior product available. CS5 in this case, what a difference. Alternately, PPC macs are pretty cheap if you must use old software. I had considered that for a while because I got some color management software in a printer purchase that didn't come with an old mac.

As for me, I got the aforementioned MBP when I went into the design program at school three years ago. I had been a pc user up until that point and even a fanboy at one time. Since I wanted to try to do as well as possible, I followed the suggestion that using an Apple computer would make it easier to get computer help from instructors. I found that I was a much better resource on the tech side of things with the aid of google and to be honest, the way that Adobe programs work on OSX is nearly identical to the pc aside from cmd=ctrl, option=alt and so forth. That said, I am currently looking forward to buying a new RIP so that I can ditch the windows XP VM that I use to run my RIP.

I know that CorelDraw is popular among t-shirt designers and printers, but can anyone give a comparison to adobe products? Just curious.