Author Topic: 16" winged floodbars with 14" squeegees  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
Re: 16" winged floodbars with 14" squeegees
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »
That is correct, it is a front piece that attaches to the old floodbar.

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 12:38:39 PM »
It's a little different but it beats hundreds of dollars per flood bar.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 05:24:07 AM »
pics

These look pretty cool but seem hard to clean. Seems like I solved my problem :) will take the photos and have a couple made for me. are they at any specific orientation (degrees) or did the shop just continue its orientation/profile?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 08:32:16 AM »
They are much harder to clean when compared to a straight bar/squeegee. Most companies make a winged flood bar, it may be cheaper to buy one for your press and have it shipped than actually having dinner custom made. Just a thought. What kind of press do you have? Pretty sure Action Engineering makes them for all presses.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 08:36:28 AM »
... wow old thread, but funny it was only a year that I made the switch to the winged floodbars.

they are harder to clean, but SO worth it when it comes to production runs.

we've done several long jobs where we haven't had to add or card ink all DAY on a screen...

our white and black winged bars never get cleaned... we just scrape off as much of the ink as we can, and put them on the shelf until next time....

Offline jvieira

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »
That's why I'm only doing a couple. One for white and the other for black. Hardly any need to clean those, they're used in 99% of the jobs we do.

TCT, we're based in Europe, I'm assuming shipping would be too expensive. I emailed them and asked for prices, will probably know more on monday. Also need the roller though, so, depending on the deal they make me, I might end up buying everything.

This is one of our biggest needs, i'm sure it'll improve our workflow.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 12:01:40 AM »
What kind of auto do you have? If it is a M&R don't they have a factory in Poland? Plus a handful of companies out of Austria? I have shipped stuff to Portugal, and if you use the US mail, it is much less expensive than I thought it would be. If you run into problems I'd be happy to help you out shipping things. PM me if I can help?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline jvieira

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 05:06:32 AM »
It is a M&R, indeed.

I'm guessing the M&R official winged floodbars will likely be much more expensive than Action Engineering ones even with shipping from Poland. Still could be worth it but I don't think they have the roller thing?? That's the important one for me as I can have the wings made for a fraction of the price.

I see you run an sRoq, they're Portuguese. Seems like a great piece of machinery!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
It is a M&R, indeed.

I'm guessing the M&R official winged floodbars will likely be much more expensive than Action Engineering ones even with shipping from Poland. Still could be worth it but I don't think they have the roller thing?? That's the important one for me as I can have the wings made for a fraction of the price.

I see you run an sRoq, they're Portuguese. Seems like a great piece of machinery!
This is an assumption on pricing a lot of people make and it's not necessarily true. We also make the roller as well and have for many years. Just a FYI .
Rich Hoffman

Offline jvieira

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
Rich, how can I get pricing on the roller? Would definitely be interested. Could I PM you for information?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »
Rich, how can I get pricing on the roller? Would definitely be interested. Could I PM you for information?
of course
Rich Hoffman

Offline danlilsade

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »
Logoman, excellent job. You took the initiative to fix the problem instead of spending a bunch of money on Ink Traps or New Winged Flood Bars.  Be resourceful and you will excel in most endeavors.  Screen printing is not science alone (no matter what the guys selling science tell you), being crafty and clever will get you a long way,  plus you save some money and turned something that was headed to recycle bin into a useful tool.

"It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools"....John Perry Barlow