Author Topic: This is the art i get from a contract customer...  (Read 2232 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: This is the art i get from a contract customer...
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
Here's a mockup to send them.  7 color sim process.
SHIRT ON A SHIRT ALERT!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »
I should have posted pics of some of the stuff one client used to give me.  They would actually paint on a shirt with bingo dobbers (seriously), glue cutouts from magazines or drawings and doodles on napkins and lined paper, with a splash of stickers from sticker packs and googly eyes.  It was a nightmare to behold in person.  I of course charged them to wholly recreate the art digitally, and they happily paid it as well.  They thought photoshop was basically magic when I would show them the digital recreation.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 07:23:37 PM »
one of our artists used a screen capture from Weird Als video to recreate the Tacky shirt (it was airbrushed) that Al wore in the video. 

when he sent the mock up and art over, it included the screen capture for comparison. 

pic is of a test print, i dont think it was run on this color (or on the inside of the shirt).

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
This is the art i get from a contract customer...
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »
Your lucky, I've got shirts everywhere with art people bring in for us to copy art from...I've got a pc of hard cardboard I stick the shirt to straighten it out good and flat and scan...

darryl
I have done that then send it out for $13.00 to be redrawn
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com