Author Topic: Brown ElectraPrint nightmare Machine  (Read 13749 times)

Offline cclaud3

Re: Brown ElectraPrint nightmare Machine
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
Well without a shadow of a doubt it was a different person or he had the worst 2 days of his life. This person was a true prick.

2 of the most memorable questions I asked was "what is the prints per hour rating of the titan?"
Answer: "What does it matter, it would be impossible for you to print that fast anyway. All the presses in this show are faster than you could ever print."

Next question, "Can you dry cycle the Horizon (didn't have a Titan at the show) for me to see how it runs?"
Answer, he looks at me and my wife then dips his head and slowly walks over to the machine and starts it up" then he says "there you go, it's spinning round and round". I looked at my wife and asked "is he actually saying this stuff or am I becoming ill??"

He just stood there an stared at me and my wife. I asked a few other questions and he was very sarcastic in his responses.

He did setup a meet and greet at a local shop that had a titan. They weren't using it so it wasn't too much of a use. They said they had some issues near install but they've been happy with it.

He called me a couple of times on the 2nd day of the show. Asked when I was coming back over to buy it. I said I was pretty sure we were going with the Brown and he laughed and asked why would I do that? Told him it was a better fit and he abruptly got off the phone.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:34:20 PM by cclaud3 »

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »
About the time he got snarky, bored, and told me "there you go, it's spinning 'round and 'round" is about the moment I'd have told that he could "sit on it and spin" . . . then walked away.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
Ahahaha, sounds like he was a bad rep.

NEXT PROBLEM!
One of the bulbs in the quartz flash unit on the electra print is bad and we have no more extras (the one we did have was actually no good). Does anyone know the actual source of these bulbs? We called Brown and surprise surprise, they no longer make it. They'll sell us a free standing new unit for $675 though! Yay!

Anyone know where we can find the correct bulbs or a free standing fast flash unit that is of good quality and not made by Brown?

They also said they're gonna send a tech out as soon as they can schedule it...so that's cool we get to wait for an indefinite amount of time! YAY!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »
Wow, this is an interesting thread, entertaining to a degree but it's also upsetting that someone would have to deal with some of the things talked about on this thread.  I don't know what to say about a 10 year old Brown auto, on one hand I'd say that it's really awesome that you got 10 years out of it and perhaps it's time to move onward and upward.  On the other hand, it sounds like a lot of things were said that haven't been followed through with and customers have been left hanging.  I am not trying to say that one should be happy they got 10 years out of the machine, I know it probably sounds that way, but when I was researching autos 6 years ago I was looking for a machine that I could get AT LEAST 10 years of trouble free (relatively speaking) usage and by that time we'd need to upgrade and it would no longer be our workhorse and it would then become a support machine.  Knowing the Brown isn't built to near the robustness of the machine we bought, I'm wondering just how many impressions/cycles and years one would expect from an Electraprint?  And I was also not so pleasantly surprised by the price of the Brown Electraprints I've seen at the ISS Ft. Worth show several times, I would have thought it would have been about 2/3's of the quoted price.

I know I did nothing to further along this discussion or help in any way, but...that's my take on some of the stuff written here. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 01:58:34 PM »
Ahahaha, sounds like he was a bad rep.

NEXT PROBLEM!
One of the bulbs in the quartz flash unit on the electra print is bad and we have no more extras (the one we did have was actually no good). Does anyone know the actual source of these bulbs? We called Brown and surprise surprise, they no longer make it. They'll sell us a free standing new unit for $675 though! Yay!

Anyone know where we can find the correct bulbs or a free standing fast flash unit that is of good quality and not made by Brown?

They also said they're gonna send a tech out as soon as they can schedule it...so that's cool we get to wait for an indefinite amount of time! YAY!

Do the bulbs have any specs printed on them?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 02:05:55 PM »
Yes and I contacted SONEKO, the manufacturer, too just waiting for a reply.

Info is:
Soneko
230V 1600W
29-497HMB

Alan- I appreciate your take on it even though it doesn't help me register the machine haha.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 02:17:47 PM »
They source a lot of their parts from Grainger & McMaster-Carr. May want to check there, too.

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
Yeah, I understand. This was the '11 SGIA show. I think this guy's name was Paul-had glasses. Spoke with some Anatol employees and they acknowledged that was his general attitude.

Again I am so sorry this happened to you and your wife, there is no excuse for such rudeness and I can assure you that this will not happen while I am here.  The only Paul we had working here two years ago is no longer employed with us.  I hear he is still in the industry.   But I assure you he is not with us now!   Please again accept our apology.   We lost in the long run because we didn't earn your business.  My sales team strives everyday to earn our customers business, with respect, information and a great equipment.   

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2014, 02:35:42 PM »
http://soneko.com

They are in Florida, will sell direct.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
Yeah, I understand. This was the '11 SGIA show. I think this guy's name was Paul-had glasses. Spoke with some Anatol employees and they acknowledged that was his general attitude.

Again I am so sorry this happened to you and your wife, there is no excuse for such rudeness and I can assure you that this will not happen while I am here.  The only Paul we had working here two years ago is no longer employed with us.  I hear he is still in the industry.   But I assure you he is not with us now!   Please again accept our apology.   We lost in the long run because we didn't earn your business.  My sales team strives everyday to earn our customers business, with respect, information and a great equipment.   

Thanks.

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 04:51:33 PM »
Got the bulbs ordered. Ran out of time today but I did get my dial indicator! Not sure exactly where I'm going to put it or how. Anyone care to share a picture with me?