Author Topic: AC Heads...  (Read 6539 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: AC Heads...
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »
And we thank you... for both parts of that. ;)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 04:24:11 PM »
Just passed 200k prints on MX with no problems..I would even call Mariusz up and buy again if we became a two press shop.  It is a great press believe it or not.  Now the salesman?...the fact that he is no longer selling them should be all you need to know.  That is about all I will say without opening up a can of worms that would only be valuable for popcorn eating and bug eyed emoticons (something that TSB smartly tries to avoid--something I appreciate).

Is there any differences between your press and the rpm, aside from color?

(please keep this about the press and not any other people involved)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 04:41:22 PM »
It has the servo lift with the "bmw" spring to assist.

I think there are a few other changes vs Alan's RPM but I'm not sure about compared to current RPM's.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »
The main differences:

- servo lift
- individual head off contact
- flag system for adjusting stroke length as opposed to digital
- 24" stroke length

Mariusz has said he would swap out particular features as requested but this is something that would have to be discussed with Rick of RPM or Mariusz.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »
My understanding is there might be another seller of these machines in the future...somebody I trust a lot more.

I love working with Mariusz.  He knows his stuff.  I really feel like the RPM could be a bigger contender in the market with a better network of service and parts.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
My understanding is there might be another seller of these machines in the future...somebody I trust a lot more.

I love working with Mariusz.  He knows his stuff.  I really feel like the RPM could be a bigger contender in the market with a better network of service and parts.

I agree.  We have had great luck getting hold of Mariusz and have been very satisfied with our decision.  I think it is a real contender for bast bang for the buck.  You have to step up to a screen lift press (challenger, MHM, etc.) to find a press that I would ever consider switching too, but at the price I don't see it ever making sense for the output of our shop.

Sorry Gerry I did not intend to hijack your thread, I think we should get back to the question at hand. 

Again I would advise going with AC heads even if you are unsure about it.  Something I have not seen mentioned is that the digital readout on the all air Rhino would drop around 5-6 psi when the chopper engaged the squeegee so the beginning of the stroke had less pressure than the end of the stroke once the pressure caught back up.  This is not an issue with our current AC heads so we are able to print with less pressure now.  It also seems that the point where choppers will not work due to too low pressure is a lower number on the AC heads than the all air machine.  Again I am not sure if this is generally the case or is something particular to the machines we have used.

This about exhausts all that I have to offer on this particular issue.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 05:36:20 PM »
Here is something I didn't like seeing, don't know if it's really anything to worry about.

http://youtu.be/87MAuIo58O0?t=3m19s

That pressure gauge drops pretty hard.  This is air heads.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »
very likely that's related to the air hose feeding the press, or there's not being 'enough' cfm being provided / pressure on the input side of the regulator isn't high enough.

I have 1/2" air lines from the compressor to the chiller and then from the chiller to the press.  I added a 10gal 'recovery'/storage tank to the press after the regulator and oiler.  I see no 'drop' in air pressure any more.

I think that they recommend minimum of 3/4" air lines typically, but the total length of air hose from compressor to chiller to press is only 12'.

One more reason for seeing that big air pressure drop, can be the air reservoir being filled with water...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:39 PM »
Sad thing is that is manufacture's video.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »
Probably installed air to spec or beyond--just has a bunch of crap in the air filter.  ;)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 08:34:44 PM »
this is why you want AC heads.. so they don't stall!

http://youtu.be/5uUTDJnN95Q
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »
On a AC/Servo press air is typically used for:
- Screen clamps
-Squeegee clamps
-Table or screen/head lifting
-Squeegee and flood bar actuation
-Squeegee and flood bar downward pressure
-Indexing "lock"(my press at least)

I know 99% of that was already covered, I'm just a visual person so that helped me;D

Are you talking about Randy from The OTS? I heard about that a few years ago but kind of thought that was dead since nothing came off it.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »
Hmmm all this time I thought the downward pressure was electric cause I thought you could adjust that pressure to exact pressures and it not fluctuate. Does the air in the choppers fluctuate and cause any issues?

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »
In my limited experience the air will fluctuate but it should be so minimal that it should not be much if any concern

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
Maybe because the limited volume/pressure in them.