Author Topic: MHM, S-Roque or M&R?  (Read 33784 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: MHM, S-Roque or M&R?
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
MHM, for being such a high tech company, has theeeee worst voice overs in their videos, lol. This guy sounds like he's about to blow his voice box out of his neck. Sounds like the vampire dude from Rise of the Lycons. "BRING ME THE LYYYYCON" LOL  Sorry, audio guy here lol
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Extreme Screen Prints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »
What do you guys see wrong in this picture?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »
I'd love to be able to remove a tablet from the press and take it home or play a game during lunch, upload a new feature, etc.  I may be in the minority but I think tablet control and functionality is the best when it comes to operating an auto.  I have obviously never used it but I love my tablet and take it everywhere and use it for everything so having one to operate an auto seems like an amazing feature that would play a small role in me choosing a press.  There are dozens of more important features to consider before getting to the control panel being a tablet, membrane panel, touchscreen, or the old-school toggle switch but at this stage the ultimate in control and functionality would be a robust tablet.  Without the knowledge and experience that the machine gurus have, there is more that goes into it than I realize and cons of using a tablet that I'm not looking at but MHM has been at the forefront of putting technology on their autos and if they're using a tablet then I feel pretty good about it's place and future in running an auto. 

I like all of the touchscreen control panels over our membrane panel but I see what everyone is talking about when it comes to the "look" of some of them.  I have always liked the MHM but the Aries from Anatol looks nice (bordering on being too busy and cluttered but that's straight from someone who hasn't spent much time in front of one) and I like the cool clean look of the Sabre's.  If I had to choose out of the 4 with touchscreen control, M&R, Anatol, Sabre and MHM, I don't know which one I'd choose first.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2014, 02:08:15 PM »
I'd love to be able to remove a tablet from the press and take it home or play a game during lunch, upload a new feature, etc.  I may be in the minority but I think tablet control and functionality is the best when it comes to operating an auto.  I have obviously never used it but I love my tablet and take it everywhere and use it for everything so having one to operate an auto seems like an amazing feature that would play a small role in me choosing a press.  There are dozens of more important features to consider before getting to the control panel being a tablet, membrane panel, touchscreen, or the old-school toggle switch but at this stage the ultimate in control and functionality would be a robust tablet.  Without the knowledge and experience that the machine gurus have, there is more that goes into it than I realize and cons of using a tablet that I'm not looking at but MHM has been at the forefront of putting technology on their autos and if they're using a tablet then I feel pretty good about it's place and future in running an auto. 

I like all of the touchscreen control panels over our membrane panel but I see what everyone is talking about when it comes to the "look" of some of them.  I have always liked the MHM but the Aries from Anatol looks nice (bordering on being too busy and cluttered but that's straight from someone who hasn't spent much time in front of one) and I like the cool clean look of the Sabre's.  If I had to choose out of the 4 with touchscreen control, M&R, Anatol, Sabre and MHM, I don't know which one I'd choose first.

The only gripe I have on my Xtype is the samsung tablet has to talk to the actual computer/controller and there is a lag when you index or do any of the head functions. Can be annoying when your used to the etype and 4000 computer.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »

two different pallets? one with and one without the extra support?
Also, the two small supports seem like they would not be enough for something that heavy. I would want to see what's behind those. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »

Also, the two small supports seem like they would not be enough for something that heavy. I would want to see what's behind those. . .

pierre

Yup, I had a feeling you would be the first to catch that. by the way those supports do nothing, MHM actually sent us supports like that and we riveted them on our pallets, Didn't help much.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »
Let's not pretend some of these automatic manufactures are testing screens as well as Chevy does either...
Testing screens maybe, testing ignition switches that pose a threat to life and limb, apparently a different story.
GM is hardly the poster child for quality control and care for its customers :o

Over the last year?  Or over its history?  It's been pretty solid company over its history.  I know people like to cherry pick though and in that context you'd be right.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »

pierre

Yup, I had a feeling you would be the first to catch that. by the way those supports do nothing, MHM actually sent us supports like that and we riveted them on our pallets, Didn't help much.

I seriously doubt the flex is coming from the platen (which could explain why the supports did not work). The honeycombed aluminum is super strong. My thinking is that either the pins are pulling out or the arm is flexing. I'll have to take a look.

pierre

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »
Andy, you should have picked Ford for your metaphor. ;)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
I don't have a CHIII, I have its big brother the CHIIID but here are a few pics of the control screen if you like.  I dont have time to do a video right now but I could do one sorta soon.  Place is a nightmare right now.

Did the guy that designed those screens also design Oregon Trail? 8 bit graphics rule...

They aren't amazing looking...  No doubt about it.   But I wouldn't trade this press for any other at this stage.

I'm just having fun. It really doesn't matter what they look like. As a former Graphics guy I have a hard time looking at them without making fun of them. If I paid over 100K+ for something I want every aspect of it to be at least modern looking. Can you imagine a 100K+ car coming out with that style instruments panel? You would have to question were else did they cut corners.

I don't question at all any corners cut on the CH3D, I doubt many people would.  If the UI not being highly graphical is the only bone one can pick with this press. Heck ill take it. 

I know this about tablets and I am on my 3rd or 4th now....  they get kinda slow and bogged down over time.  Some of that is due to software being more bloated as time goes on... but not all of it.  I would worry a bit about a tablet operating in heat all day long 10-12hrs a day 5-7 days a week.  Now that doesn't mean that there will be problems, but same as you worry about the basic looking ones, I would worry about the opposite end as well.  I mean even in my 2014 Vette, all digital full color awesome screens (2), you see glitches from time to time already in just 2000 miles on it.  Let's not pretend some of these automatic manufactures are testing screens as well as Chevy does either...

Rich gave me a tour of the CHIIID in Vegas. It is a nice press. It has lots of things I liked. I like that you can do a double stroke and have the first stroke be at 50# of pressure and the second be at like 25 pounds. That would be nice for waterbase. It also can do a flood and then 2 print strokes since it can lift the flood bar and squeegee independently. It also has this flood step back thing. So every 10th or so flood it can go back lets say 2 inches farther so it can pick up any ink that may have got behind the flood bar. (no carding behind the flood bar) It has lots of good things going for it. All good stuff but for the price tag I am very happy with what I have.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2014, 02:48:10 PM »
Andy, you should have picked Ford for your metaphor. ;)

But of course, it wasn't Ford (this time around) found to have kept quiet about a penny saving/life costing condition for nine years!

But let's not keep this going astray. My bad, merely prompted by the initial Chevy (GM) reference.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »
I don't have a CHIII, I have its big brother the CHIIID but here are a few pics of the control screen if you like.  I dont have time to do a video right now but I could do one sorta soon.  Place is a nightmare right now.

Did the guy that designed those screens also design Oregon Trail? 8 bit graphics rule...

They aren't amazing looking...  No doubt about it.   But I wouldn't trade this press for any other at this stage.

I'm just having fun. It really doesn't matter what they look like. As a former Graphics guy I have a hard time looking at them without making fun of them. If I paid over 100K+ for something I want every aspect of it to be at least modern looking. Can you imagine a 100K+ car coming out with that style instruments panel? You would have to question were else did they cut corners.

I don't question at all any corners cut on the CH3D, I doubt many people would.  If the UI not being highly graphical is the only bone one can pick with this press. Heck ill take it. 

I know this about tablets and I am on my 3rd or 4th now....  they get kinda slow and bogged down over time.  Some of that is due to software being more bloated as time goes on... but not all of it.  I would worry a bit about a tablet operating in heat all day long 10-12hrs a day 5-7 days a week.  Now that doesn't mean that there will be problems, but same as you worry about the basic looking ones, I would worry about the opposite end as well.  I mean even in my 2014 Vette, all digital full color awesome screens (2), you see glitches from time to time already in just 2000 miles on it.  Let's not pretend some of these automatic manufactures are testing screens as well as Chevy does either...

Rich gave me a tour of the CHIIID in Vegas. It is a nice press. It has lots of things I liked. I like that you can do a double stroke and have the first stroke be at 50# of pressure and the second be at like 25 pounds. That would be nice for waterbase. It also can do a flood and then 2 print strokes since it can lift the flood bar and squeegee independently. It also has this flood step back thing. So every 10th or so flood it can go back lets say 2 inches farther so it can pick up any ink that may have got behind the flood bar. (no carding behind the flood bar) It has lots of good things going for it. All good stuff but for the price tag I am very happy with what I have.

I learned on my first auto not to let that be the deciding factor.  I bought a machine this time that in all honesty I hope to keep until I quit/sell/pass on this business.  So in that context this machine costs nothing since I am 35 and will likely work for 30 more years. The cost of this thing over 30 years is nothing when you think about it like that. 

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
I learned on my first auto not to let that be the deciding factor.  I bought a machine this time that in all honesty I hope to keep until I quit/sell/pass on this business.  So in that context this machine costs nothing since I am 35 and will likely work for 30 more years. The cost of this thing over 30 years is nothing when you think about it like that.

I understand your point there young whippersnapper. I am 37 so I am older and wiser. I know its not the age it the miles. I get your point but as soon as M&R comes out with the new "RICH 1.0" you will be the first person to sell your press back M&R to get it.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »

I understand your point there young whippersnapper. I am 37 so I am older and wiser. I know its not the age it the miles. I get your point but as soon as M&R comes out with the new "RICH 1.0" you will be the first person to sell your press back M&R to get it.

Honestly doubt we'd sell this press.  Anything is possible though I guess.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »

The Gauntlet III will be at the DFW show. Go check it out.
Rich Hoffman