Author Topic: Anatol Volt vs Javelin Pro  (Read 18452 times)

Offline Cconcepc

Anatol Volt vs Javelin Pro
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:29:26 PM »
I have own a shop with two Manuel Presses and looking to buy an Automatic.  I was set on the Javelin Pro 6/8 with chopper system, but then the Anatol rep came back with an 8/10 volt for the same price. They are both package deals with two flashes, dryer, exposure unit, ect. I have seen a Jaevlin and think it's a great value and like the flashback.  The Anatol has AC heads and servo, but is all electric. I have not seem the volt in Person and not sure about an all electric press.  The Anatol seems like the better deal. Does anyone have a Volt or Javelin and have any input?  Would there be any quality downside to the All electric press?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Anatol Volt vs Javelin Pro
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »
I think the Volt is just too new to really make an informed decision. Give it a couple years on the Volt and then you could evaluate its reliability by hopefully being able to talk to some owners that have real world experience over a couple years and a couple hundred thousand prints.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of the Volt but some questions about it and how it works have been left unanswered here from Anatol.

So if I were to choose between the two I would say neither and take a look at the Workhorse Sabre if those were the 2 mfgs I was going to choose from.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
Is it apples to apples. Press image size the same? Which flashes IR or Quartz? Exposure units the same?
Talk to at least 3 volt owners, preferably ones who this is not their first, only experience with an auto. Also talk to other Anatol owners who have other models. Do the same with a Workhorse.

Offline Cconcepc

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 06:06:31 PM »
It is apples to apples image size, exposure size both LEDs, dryer size. The workhorse is quartz flashbacks, and anatol is also quartz. I have talked to uses of both and all have had great experiences. I could get the sabre I think if I drop to one flashback. The compressor chiller is 7.5 for the javelin. Can I get a smaller compressor with the sabre to make the price go down without sacrificing quality?  The javelin is pnuematic indexer and heads. The anatol like the Sabre is servo and AC heads.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »
You could probably get away with a 3hp compressor for the Sabre but you really should get a 5hp and those are cheap and plentiful.
One thing you will end up absolutely hating on the Volt is not having pneumatic screen clamps, trust me you will hate it. I have pneumatic screen clamps on my press but have 4 clamps that I have to hand tighten for each squeegee and floodbar for each head and it is just as bad as not having pneumatic screen clamps. Another thing that isn't clear but is super important about the Volt is how the squeegee pressure is adjusted and could it be adjusted per head. Unfortunately I think the salesman just dont know how their presses work and cant answer technical questions which is pretty frustrating.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »
With the Sabre being AC heads that saves you some air right there.

Though, I'm not sure I'd shrink down.  Air is nice for many things around the shop.

I'm with Gerry, I'm not sure I could deal with hand cranking down the clamps.  Would you want to go back to hand crank windows in your car? ;)

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 06:34:33 PM »
With the Sabre being AC heads that saves you some air right there.

Though, I'm not sure I'd shrink down.  Air is nice for many things around the shop.

I'm with Gerry, I'm not sure I could deal with hand cranking down the clamps.  Would you want to go back to hand crank windows in your car? ;)

Gillian.....thank you for bringing up the air clamp issues again.....it's not an issue anymore !   We have developed quick screen clamp system that doesn't require air.....leave it to Anatol to be an innovator in the industry again ! 

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
You could probably get away with a 3hp compressor for the Sabre but you really should get a 5hp and those are cheap and plentiful.
One thing you will end up absolutely hating on the Volt is not having pneumatic screen clamps, trust me you will hate it. I have pneumatic screen clamps on my press but have 4 clamps that I have to hand tighten for each squeegee and floodbar for each head and it is just as bad as not having pneumatic screen clamps. Another thing that isn't clear but is super important about the Volt is how the squeegee pressure is adjusted and could it be adjusted per head. Unfortunately I think the salesman just dont know how their presses work and cant answer technical questions which is pretty frustrating.

Please you have no idea what the conversation was between the customer and the salesperson.  WOW.....I thought this board agreed to be fair.   Unless you have first hand knowledge of the conversation, that I don't know about.   I am more than happy to answer any serious question you might have.   

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »
Terry, I never took it as he was inferring that YOU didn't know or even only Anatol's sales people didn't know.

I think he was saying that MOST sales people don't know.

Hell, this is the case with even the car industry.  Any time I've ever gone to the car lot, I know more about the options and color choices than the sales person... EVERY time!

Glad you got those clamps worked out... how about some details/pictures.  1000 words holmes!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »

Please you have no idea what the conversation was between the customer and the salesperson.  WOW.....I thought this board agreed to be fair.   Unless you have first hand knowledge of the conversation, that I don't know about.   I am more than happy to answer any serious question you might have.

I am going to go off on a tangent here, but hey, as an admin I am allowed!

Terry, that is an amazing response time to a feature request. How long did that take, whole of three weeks? Be careful, few more moves like that and there will be a long waiting line for the presses (which brings with it all kinds of headache!)

Nice job!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 06:54:52 PM »
And it still has not been explained how the squeegee pressure is adjusted and if it can be adjusted per head. If it takes that much to get an answer to a technical question I wonder what would happen if you were really in need of something like yesterday when and if the press goes down.

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 06:56:32 PM »

I am going to go off on a tangent here, but hey, as an admin I am allowed!

Terry, that is an amazing response time to a feature request. How long did that take, whole of three weeks? Be careful, few more moves like that and there will be a long waiting line for the presses (which brings with it all kinds of headache!)

Nice job!

pierre

Took a lot longer than three weeks....We welcome the feedback we get on the boards here....but please, we understand the needs of the printers and listen to our customers feedback too.....it's been in the process for a long time.....we are also in the final stages of getting a Patient on the part. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:58:43 PM by Anatolhelp »

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »
And it still has not been explained how the squeegee pressure is adjusted and if it can be adjusted per head. If it takes that much to get an answer to a technical question I wonder what would happen if you were really in need of something like yesterday when and if the press goes down.

please read other post was explained already. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »
I read it was as easy as 1 2 3 and the question of whether it can be adjusted per head has been left hanging.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Even though you think I am against Anatol, I am not, I really like what Anatol offers in products but wish things like questions about products were more clear thats all. I really like that you guys figured out the screen clamping issue.