Author Topic: Anatol Volt vs Javelin Pro  (Read 18223 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Anatol Volt vs Javelin Pro
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »
Apologies for not stating in my sig. Didnt fully consider that when I posted with a bit of irritation over a comments that seem that dont seem fair.

Well, Brian has had/does own two of the most hated presses on this board, yet his opinion is still HIGHLY respected here.

It has something to do with being one of the most mechanically knowledgable ppl on e board as well.  He's also fairly unbiased and post basically based on facts at hand.

I was going to buy a used press, have him break it down, ship it, then come down here and set it up.  I'm sure he stood to make a nice chunk of change from that job,  when I told him I was changing directions and buying a brand new press he had nothing but positive things to say about my decision... Even though it essentially cost him a "job".

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »
Bottom line with sales reps is the bottom line. Most, not all can just recite what is on a tech sheet. I would prefer sales reps to have a printing background as opposed to a sales background but it seems some companies hire reps with just sales ability.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
Yes actually I did have a chance to play with each but might add the Volt was the little one that used the carrocel to work the mechanical linkage to operate the choppers. Too much going on IMO. I would love to speak to an owner of a full sized Volt but I would like that owner to have had previous presses to make an educated evaluation. Point being if it is the first press ever owned or operated of course it's the bees knees, anything is better then pulling a squeegee. Even better yet let me come down and take one for a test drive, again in a production shop. Let me run the balls off it for a day and see what see does.

How many Volts are past their million production print mark, not dry cycle on a factory floor?

I do know the Workhorse products, even machines made by Progressive and Tuff. I also know the level of service they provide, excellent.  I also know the Anatol products and their history of service which is nothing to brag about although they appear to be making an effort to correct this. I not know everything about either, no but no one does.

I simply answered the posters question what my opinion is and the FACTS I considered note worthy. If it was my money it would be a Saber. Quite honestly neither of them are in the top three if it was my choice, and no I'm not a blue baller.

Again IMO there are a lot of extra cost built into the cost of an all electric press to do something much cheaper air can do. If your dropping $50-60k on a press and the $5k for a compressor set  is going to break you, you had better reevaluate your plan. On the other hand if your buying a 10 color or greater press chance are you already have the compressor. To be completely honest I think an all electric press is a good idea but the Anatol and other MFG are not the best solution.

Now if your a satisfied owner of an Anatol product I'm glad for you.

Offline metalboy

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 11:41:04 PM »
Bink. Guess I would ask ....how many Sabres are past the million mark?  Have you ever used either of the operating systems?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:54:27 PM by metalboy »

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2014, 12:10:11 AM »
Don't have an answer for that but it's a standard design press using proven technology. As far as the tablet on the Saber it is user friendly. Wouldn't hesitate for a minute to rely on it. Seems to work fine for MHM, Marcod, Workhorse seems to have the confidence needed to further develop it to work with the Falcon. 
Aries is a nice system but lacking two functions off the top of my head. First more of a nuance, your setting up an job and the pallets are up. I order to index the pallet lets say to check reg you have to table down then index. It would be much easier to be able to just hit index. Second have a set up function so when the press indexes it table up and stay up. It has some nice functions but nothing more then any other modern press offered on the market today. It really does not matter how it's done, could be a nice fancy touch screen or toggle switches and buttons, to me as long as the press runs I could care less.

Print head controls on each head should be standard instead of dragging the control panel around the press. I know it's standard on larger presses but the smaller ones it's a PIA.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 07:35:46 AM »
Bink is one of the most knowledgeable people on this board as far as actual presses go.  Doesn't make him god or anything but his opinion carries value with actual knowledge behind it. I think anything he says be it an opinion or fact about a press of any brand should at the very least be heard/considered.

I think starting a press conversation before buying is very logical. Id want to hear all the good and bad about a brand before a large purchase like that. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 08:38:07 AM »
Apologies for not stating in my sig. Didnt fully consider that when I posted with a bit of irritation over a comments that seem that dont seem fair.
Now that you have had time to consider it, what's the word metalboy? You have showed up before to police things in the name of anatol, which press(s) do you run on your shop floor? Or which brands do you sell?

I'm guessing you have NO idea to what extent Bink's/Brian's experience is with the technical and mechanical side of anatol machines. It is just easier for you to police things with no experience(please correct me if I am wrong).
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 09:24:32 AM »
Bottom line is its up to the buyer of a machine to do his or her due diligence when making a purchase. Asking questions and talking to people, actually putting your hands on the machine and comparing apples to apples is the only way to make an educated choice. Don't only ask questions about the equipment, have conversations about the business as a whole. If your talking to a owner of brand A and he says his machine is great and very happy it could be he only puts 10K a year on it or he only prints one color dark on lights. You may have a different customer base, 5 colors on darks or you need to get 1000 garments a day off the machine or maybe discharge. This alone could mean the difference of what you purchase. No different then buying a truck. Joe needs a truck to go to and from work and pick up stuff from the garden center on the weekends. Bill needs a truck to cary 1500 lbs of tools and 1000 lbs of parts from job to job. Joe could get away with a light F150, Bill because of the hundreds of miles each week and the added weight of his tools and parts needs a F350. Both are trucks but Bill needs a heavier duty one to get the same service life as Joe. I could care less what anyone buys it has no effect on me or my business what so ever, I get no compensation if someone buys what ever brand.

To be fare if making a first press purchase and basically placing your livelihood on this investment I would suggest going with proven equipment. Keep in mind this is also your only auto so if issues do arise and the machine goes down you can not generate income until its fixed. Chances are a proven press will be trouble free. Completely different story if this would be an addition to your shop. If this is your second or third machine and it goes down it does not have as much of an impact, you still have the ability to produce.

I honestly am not out to get Anatol. They make a nice machine but so do a lot of other MFG. Its about the whole package, not only the purchase but the after sale support. Chances are you may never have an issue but its nice to know help is there if an issue comes up.

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 10:58:04 AM »
Just for clarification....metalboy is not a Rep of Anatol or is affiliate with the company.....I don't or we don't play those games.....you should know me well enough by now to know that.

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 11:10:41 AM »
The Volt uses the same platform as our pneumatic presses.  Not a water downed version !   It uses tested  technology that we use on our time proven presses like the Vindicator, Trident and Stratus.
We use the PROVEN Aries system in all our presses and have for years.  The difference between the Volt and any other servo index and AC head machine is that we found a way to have the pallets go up and down using servo motors.  (Trying to keep it really simple)  Thus no need for a chiller and compressor.   This is proven technology.  Unlike other electric press that use less quality products and have many problems over time.....please don't get the Volt confused with other electric presses.  The bottom line is that the Saber, even though a good press, is not much different from any Servo driven AC head press, like the Horizon.   

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »

Metalboy sounds like a sales rep.

Very perceptive. Am I not allowed on the board? If that is the case, I will happily exit.

To the contrary, in fact, why don't you stop by our introduction section?
As mentioned many times in the past, with very few exceptions, we welcome all reps and manufacturers, suppliers, and of course, those who actually use their stuff!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Anatolhelp

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 11:25:33 AM »
Bottom line with sales reps is the bottom line. Most, not all can just recite what is on a tech sheet. I would prefer sales reps to have a printing background as opposed to a sales background but it seems some companies hire reps with just sales ability.

Being a Screen Printer is a ART FORM, a art form I don't personally don't have, but one I respect.  I salesperson or consultant  doesn't have to be a screen printer to help lead a potential client to the correct decision concerning equipment purchase   Just like your account doesn't have to be a screen printer to keep your books and do your taxes.  So as I respect your profession please respect mine as a manager and spokesperson for my company. AKA Salesperson

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
Terry I totally get and respect your position as I have been in the same shoes as you and trust me people had the same impression with me.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 11:48:59 AM »

Being a Screen Printer is a ART FORM, a art form I don't personally don't have, but one I respect.  I salesperson or consultant  doesn't have to be a screen printer to help lead a potential client to the correct decision concerning equipment purchase   Just like your account doesn't have to be a screen printer to keep your books and do your taxes.  So as I respect your profession please respect mine as a manager and spokesperson for my company. AKA Salesperson

I think that the issue with sales folks, is, and it's been touched upon, some don't know a damn thing about their product!
As also mentioned, this is not limited to this industry.
When Uverse was brand new, a salesman assured me that the price he gave me, after finding out just what was involved with my network, was the price it would be. No, I didn't need an additional box rental for each of the five televisions I had at the time. We knew he was likely wrong, and of course, he was. Was he ignorant? Crooked? Who knows?

Somehow, the fates had us become Hermit Crab rescue a few years back during the fad, and it came to no surprise to us at all that after two weeks of ownership of our first couple, we knew more than any salesperson in any shop. Perhaps a factor in crabs being sold to folks who didn't understand the commitment, hence, our new function.

Cable tech support on the phone? Script readers, who generally, once again, know less than us after our history of actually noticing problems with the service, that in some cases was system wide but went unreported.

I have gotten way off the original subject, but the bottom line is, the more that a rep knows about both his product, and its use, the better for all involved!

I would suggest hands-on training for sales folks, much like the hands-on training hopefully offered for new buyers.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:51:12 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »
Terry, though I respect your position, your analogy doesn't work.

It's like suggesting I'm good at math so let me do your taxes.  My CPA doesn't need to screen print because he doesn't deal with anything related to it.  You sell the equipment I have to use, there is a larger need for you to have a better understanding of my day to day challenges.

Your company doesn't call a personal injury attorney when you have to sue someone on the forum for whatever reason you guys feel the need to sue someone over.  You get an attorney that knows best about that.