Author Topic: Digging up this copyright topic again...  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Digging up this copyright topic again...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 05:10:12 PM »
Someone was telling me that they saw all kinds of family reunion style shirts with disney characters on them at disneyland. Is there an official printer or something for this type of garment?

Perhaps, in their advancing years,  they have become not only mellower in the parks themselves, but maybe even more tolerant with real bootlegs.......nah!

Walt must be turning in his cryogenic chamber.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online 1964GN

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »
I changed the design to "This Dude" and it's selling fine :-)

If we were talking big bugs we would challenge Country Girl, but we are not... just not worth it. Which is what they count on. We are going to redo the design and use Southern Girl, Redneck Girl, Country Gal, and maybe Country Gurl... just because :-D

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »
Someone was telling me that they saw all kinds of family reunion style shirts with disney characters on them at disneyland. Is there an official printer or something for this type of garment?

No "official printer".   They offer this service via (DTG) now, for a price to those who are set up from the call centers for vacation packages (or family reunions).

Many people get their own from local printers...and they don't lift a finger to stop it (since they make $ during their visit. At least I imagine thats how they look at it. I've met many printers that do print total usage of the characters and have gotten away with it.  Try that on your own line tho, and I'm sure you will get a phone call or letter.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 08:31:25 PM »
Years ago when I was an Insurance Adjuster I got an assignment from a lawyer to go take some photos of a furniture builder who called his business Micky's Furniture or something....As part of his log he has 2 1/2 semi circles peaking over the top of a piece of furniture.....My assignment just that so I did not ever find out what happened.....