Author Topic: stretching tables  (Read 8276 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: stretching tables
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »
Shurloc:
What's the difference between the Accelarator X and 2 tables?

Offline shurloc

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »
Weight of the hardware - the Accelerator X will safely do a 23x33 M3... the Accelerator 2 will do up to a 33x37. If you try to do a bigger frame on the X, the torque generated could lead to metal fatigue over time.

Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 11:32:25 AM »
heres our tension as they sit now, measured a bunch to get a average.

I'm not going to use new as that's not what we print at everyday.

110/80 - 28n
160/65 - 24n
225/48 - 20n
300/34 - 18n

These screens have an average of 8 months of use on them and are used daily. whats in the reclaim pile today, will be on screen tmrw.

I've got David taking a look at shapes on these, but after 8 months of use, it would be hard to know how many impressions you had run them through and how much that stretched the mesh out verses the actual break point of the mesh.

as mentioned already, get some shorter bars. That will bring your tension back up. You should be able to do it with 2 per screen and next time you order frames, just get them with shorter bars and switch as you go.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline shurloc

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
Hey Pierre,

I think you are talking about our second tension bars - and those are an option, but a pretty pricey one. I'm pretty sure that David said that the 160's and 300's could increase a touch, but honestly, after 8 months, I'm just not sure how much stretch is left in the mesh. The retensioning bars would probably just pull the mesh a bit tighter and cause it to pop at this point.

That said, I'd be happy to send a set down to John if he wants to try them out. They should easily bring the mesh up 2-4N. Just let me know if you want to try a set and I will get them headed your way!
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 04:33:34 PM »
made up some screens today to see what my fresh mesh numbers were

110 -  34
160 - 33
230 - 32
300 - 23
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services