Author Topic: Gauntlet 3  (Read 9738 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Gauntlet 3
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 09:01:44 AM »
That is what I thought, but if I'm not mistaken does the CH3D not have arm supports like that?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 09:06:21 AM »
That is what I thought, but if I'm not mistaken does the CH3D not have arm supports like that?

Yes the CH3D has head supports.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=691987964175571&set=vb.138282122879494&type=3&theater
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 09:11:49 AM »
Don't confuse a III with a IIID. Big differences. (I think)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »
The III and IIId I believe are similiar bim, except the D has all the digital features that make it crazy cool
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 09:29:32 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=691987964175571&set=vb.138282122879494&type=3&theater

Ahhhhhh I see. Ignorance on my part as usual, do they make them without head supports? I am seeing in my head somewhere one without them.  That being said I see a lot of things in my head so that may not mean anything ;D

Brandt, who's busted ass shop is that in the video you posted?  ;) ;D ;) ;D  Thanks for the education this morning guys!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »
7:00am - time to make the $$ Dough $$

Real Nice!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 09:49:12 AM »

Ahhhhhh I see. Ignorance on my part as usual, do they make them without head supports? I am seeing in my head somewhere one without them.  That being said I see a lot of things in my head so that may not mean anything ;D

Brandt, who's busted ass shop is that in the video you posted?  ;) ;D ;) ;D  Thanks for the education this morning guys!

I don't think the CH3D comes without head supports, but I could also be wrong on that for sure. 

As far as that busted ass shop ;)
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
We have a Sportsmen EXG 8/10 that doesn't have head supports. I do believe that all the new series ( G3, Ch3 ) have head supports do to the head movement versus the the carousel up, down.

Murphy37

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »
We have a 16 color CIIID and it DOES have support arms on every head. The thing is 19' plus in diameter. Same with our CII. We have a 14 color GII (not III) that has supports on three heads.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 11:32:43 AM »
It's based on how long the print head is. Adding support and stability without increasing the size of the tube the head is made of, for many reasons.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 12:35:16 PM »
From what 244 told me several months back, the G3 is basically the C3 55 series, with a different control panel, slightly slower indexing servo and belt, with the laser placement feature added. I think they are doing away with the C3 55 series and the G3 takes it's place as a mid way point from EXG and C3 for the shop who needs the speed, wants the up/down heads, but doesn't necessarily need the gigantore image area. I believe this G3 still has an image area suitable for Jumbo prints, just not AOP.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Admiral

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »
From what 244 told me several months back, the G3 is basically the C3 55 series, with a different control panel, slightly slower indexing servo and belt, with the laser placement feature added. I think they are doing away with the C3 55 series and the G3 takes it's place as a mid way point from EXG and C3 for the shop who needs the speed, wants the up/down heads, but doesn't necessarily need the gigantore image area. I believe this G3 still has an image area suitable for Jumbo prints, just not AOP.

That sounds about right.  It really is the CH3 55 with a few slight changes.  The CH3 55 is not listed on mrprint any more I noticed too.  We just picked up a CH3 55 used earlier this year and at the rate we are going we will need another soon, but don't have the space for it here.  Will definitely be checking out the G3 at ISS Long Beach.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »

I was told the same thing.  A few little things here and there but the G3 is what a Ch3-55 used to be.  If we would have bought a Ch3 it would have been the 55 model because I don't have any desire to do jumbo prints, much less AOP.  All you guys can do those prints all day long, I'll stick with 16x20's as our max.

Eric, from start to finish, what is the install time not counting unforeseen stuff?  When looking at the G3 I thought the install time would be a bit more than it's competition which is why I prefaced my comments with leaving the machine in place and not wanting to move it around...EVER.  Our press install went really fast and since we've only bought one auto I haven't a clue as to how long installs usually take.  Our dryer install only took a couple hours but me and my guys had put it all together except for the belt and the gas/electrical lines.  Our tech had one of the easiest installs ever, I think his eyes lit up when he walked in and saw what was already done.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline islandtees

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 01:07:55 PM »
We have a Sportsmen EXG 8/10 that doesn't have head supports. I do believe that all the new series ( G3, Ch3 ) have head supports do to the head movement versus the the carousel up, down.

Murphy37
We have a 12 color Sportsman that has head supports.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »
We have a Sports. 12/14 with supports, our other ones don't need it.

Murphy37