Author Topic: Wilflex Amazing Bright White.....  (Read 3870 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Wilflex Amazing Bright White.....
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »
Anyone...anyone at all?  They did put "AMAZING" in the title.  Got a sample on the way, just wondering if anyone else has tried it.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Underbase37

Re: Wilflex Amazing Bright White.....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 08:51:59 AM »
I liked it, if you have tried or use Xtreme white its about the same, but I I think it's a bit cheaper. I would say the names fit the product, Xtreme is just a bit better than Amazing ;)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 01:22:11 PM »
used extreme for years, but it had to much puff so we switched to quick.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 01:43:12 PM »
I don't think it was that Amazing. Ran a small job two weeks ago with it. Nice and creamy but for us lacked opacity, finished the job with old faithful Quick.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
Have you guys ever tried Echo white by Wilfex, it was opaque as Quick, smooth and good flooding as quick, but didn't have the blowing/puff agent that is in quick. I guess it's big in South America at the big box store print factories. I think it's price was around 270 or so for a 5er
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 03:14:43 PM »
Finally tried our sample of Amazing White. 156 mesh, had great fiber mattdown, decent opacity, didn't seem to puff at all, can say it floods really awesome. Not sure I'd replace Legacy white with it, I think Legacy may be a little better on the opacity side. Will have to try it as an underbase and see how that goes. All in all, like it a lot better than Streetfighter.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 04:45:36 PM »
tried and did what Binkspot did for the most part, except I just threw quick into the screen and mixed the 2 together....Which I like and made up a 1/2 gallon of the 2 that I am digging right now. I didn't think it matted down very well and was a ton tackier after flash using the roller squeegee.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »
The Amazing base had been crushing it for us on WOW prints.  I bet this white would be good as a crush or wet white if that's the intended purpose, or could be based back with Amazing base if it's not intended for that use.

I think you see so many whites out there because printers are cheap.  Quick is clearly the best Wilflex has to offer but nobody likes the price so they keep trying formulations that are cheaper.  This may not be true but it's the impression I get from speaking with reps, etc. 

Quick definitely has something special in it that's probably driving the cost.

I'm not familiar with the Echo line, what's it all about?

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
Have you guys ever tried Echo white by Wilfex, it was opaque as Quick, smooth and good flooding as quick, but didn't have the blowing/puff agent that is in quick. I guess it's big in South America at the big box store print factories. I think it's price was around 270 or so for a 5er

Tried the Echo for a while but was too difficult to print when the shop was cold.   i actually sat on 80 gallons from last winter, and used it this summer when the temp hit 90 in the shop.   

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 05:41:36 PM »

Tried the Echo for a while but was too difficult to print when the shop was cold.   i actually sat on 80 gallons from last winter, and used it this summer when the temp hit 90 in the shop.

Hooooooleeeeeeeee smokes, 80 gals just sitting!!!!  :o  I think it was summer time when we tried it, it was good. The Nazdar rep told me she sold tons of it to the big factory shops in South America.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
mine just got here. shall be trying it out soon.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 12:25:54 AM »
mine just got here. shall be trying it out soon.

Should have just asked. I would have sent you my gallon...... ;) It sits right next to my samples of SF2 since they print the same.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin