Author Topic: Cut 3000 Vinyl cutter on Mac os X  (Read 4612 times)

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
Cut 3000 Vinyl cutter on Mac os X
« on: October 05, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »
I received a Cut 3000 vinyl cutter from a vendor in trade for a screen printing job. It is new in the box, but I guess it is about 3-5 years old. It is the special pink edition one from Imprintables Warehouse. All of the info that came with it is for installing on as Windows machine. I am looking to see if this will work on a Mac OS x . I don't want to set it up and possibly devalue it if there is no chance to run on my mac.

Let me know if anyone has any info on this product. I am waiting for replies from Inprintables Warehouse and GCC (i think this is the manufacturer).

Cheers

Joel

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cut 3000 Vinyl cutter on Mac os X
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 06:45:46 PM »
Mine was free and I love it.....Never seen anything about running it on a Mac though....Good luck....

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
Thanks. Also I assume this was manufactured specifically for IW. If anyone knows the similar branded model name, that might help too. There may be a driver available that would work

Thanks

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »
They are re-branded Bengals....GCC was slow to adapt to Mac and this machine is now many year old....So my best guess is you will be spinning your wheels....

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »
does it hookup via USB? I'll bet there is software somewhere out there that will run it on your Mac. Wait and see what IW and GCC have to say...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »
does it hookup via USB? I'll bet there is software somewhere out there that will run it on your Mac. This topic on TS Forums says it came with a plug in for Corel and Illustrator...

http://www.digitsmith.com/cut3000-limited-edition-24-vinyl-cutter-w-rhinestone-start-up-28689.html

Steve

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 01:55:59 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Running into a few dead ends. Where is everyone buying replacement blades, etc from?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
I've used Beacon Graphics, Imprintables Warehouse, and lately Nepco Products in Providence. All sign suppliers sell blades...

Steve

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 01:07:38 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Running into a few dead ends. Where is everyone buying replacement blades, etc from?

Cleancut.....

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 10:38:15 PM »
Well GCC did get back with me and said that they have a plug-in for Illustrator for Mac (this I knew as it is on there download section on their website) I asked if they could send or give me the name/password to download. Been a few week with no answers to 3 emails. So I am thinking about just finding an inexpensive Windows machine to run this. Of course everything new has Windows 8. Anyone running their Cut 3000 on Windows 8 or do I need to find an older machine with 7 or something.

Thanks in advance.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 08:51:23 AM »
After years of Illustrator & Great Cut I cross-graded to Vinyl Master Pro...U$172.81 SignSupplyClub.com (http://www.signsupplyclub.com/VinylMaster-Pro-VMP-Vinyl-Cutter-Software)
So far I love it.... Not sure how it works with a Mac...

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 11:16:24 PM »
Thanks for the info royster. I did get the Mac (illustrator) plug-in from GCC, wouldn't recognize the cutter. So I bought a used PC and have it up and running with one problem. The voucher code that came with GreatCut was expired. GCC says the distributer has to authorize a new one. Since I didn't get this from any distributer I may try the VinylMaster Pro.

I didn't see the Cut3000 listed on the driver list, the Bengal 60 was, but I assume since I have the drivers already installed I wouldn't need the to use the drivers that come with VinylMaster anyway. Is that the way you have yours set up?

Thanks in advance.

Offline BrianHahn

• Verified/Junior
  • Saga vinyl cutter technical support
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »
For these cutters there is a hardware driver and a software driver.

The hardware driver allows the cutter to connect to Windows so Windows knows where it is. The software driver allows a specific program to communicate with the cutter and speak its language.

You already have this connected as you mentioned earlier so the hardware drivers are installed.

Vinylmaster has the software driver for this cutter embedded inside Vinylmaster.

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 07:07:59 PM »
I appreciate your explanation Brian. I have been in the Mac camp for 20+ years so I have only dabbled with PC's. I think I will be looking into Vinylmaster.

Joel