Author Topic: guns, guns and more guns . . .  (Read 34843 times)

Offline supergabe

• Verified/Junior
Re: guns, guns and more guns . . .
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
sun tzu said winning a war without battle is the pinnacle of excellence

Offline john52

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »
I have always liked the Israeli made Jericho 941.  I started buying some a while back.  Here's a pic of some of them.  They are steel frame and I think they are a great value.  Here's a link to one I just bought.  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=249081364

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 09:47:50 PM »
Here recently I think I have put more rounds through my Daisy than my Glock... Yes I said Daisy, as in a Daisy BB gun  ;D

Semi auto BB pistol, CO2 Powered... A lot cheaper than real bullets and you can shoot it almost anywhere!!

Over the last weekend we were at Lake Laneir, at my parent’s lake house. I decided to tie a beer can to a fishing pole... POW you have an environmentally friendly target... Cast, Shoot, Reel it back in  ;D

Anyone who loves shooting should consider one of these... $50.00 for the gun, almost nothing per shot, and it is fun!! Accurate to like 40 ft to...
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 11:52:01 PM »
F the daisy, get a pellet gun.  I've got a break barrel .177 cal that shoots like 1200fps.  Squirrels keep moving for about 5 seconds before they realize they are dead.

I am still gun shopping.  My B-day gift this year was a gun...I just have to pick one.  Now, who has the best wife?

And Brannon, if your aim is as good as your press tuning...I wouldn't be worried if you carried spare clips.  ;D  Sorry, I had to.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 12:26:56 AM »
I’m not a big collector, but I do carry a Glock 9... Yes a Glock  :P

For the price, and based on the reviews I read at the time, seemed like a great gun for the money. I have put at least 1k down the range without a jam, and it’s very accurate, plus 13 rounds in a pinch I’m gonna hit ya  ;D.... I would like a larger caliber H&K, Kimber, or Sig for my next one, but since I already have one, hard to justify the funds right now  :(

You may proceed to make fun of me now  ;)

I've a Sig 9 for carry.  The only thing I don't like about the Glock, and a few others like that is you  have to pull the trigger to disassemble it and many have shot themselves (or a family member) forgetting to jack the shell in the chamber.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Clark

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 08:16:14 AM »
many have shot themselves (or a family member) forgetting to jack the shell in the chamber.

You can't fix stupid. 

Offline Clark

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Here's another little Colt I have.  It's a discontinued model called the Mustang in a .380.  Basically a mini-1911.

Offline john52

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »
For all the Colt fans.  This is the only Colt I have.

4" Nickel Python.  I believe it was manufactured in 1978.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 08:43:50 AM »
And it probably came free with your Betamax of Starsky and Hutch.  ;D

Offline virgil427

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »
sun tzu would have thought differently if he had met Sam Colt. I shoot a colt acp 4" barrel but have an itch to get a H&K 40.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 09:17:46 AM »
And a massive arsenal allows you to avoid battles altogether. 

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »
F the daisy, get a pellet gun.  I've got a break barrel .177 cal that shoots like 1200fps.  Squirrels keep moving for about 5 seconds before they realize they are dead.

I have shot one of those, definitely fun, but I like seeing how many times I can make a can jump with 15 rounds in 30 seconds.

I am still gun shopping.  My B-day gift this year was a gun...I just have to pick one.  Now, who has the best wife?

Dude... Gold plated desert eagle... Duh  :P

And Brannon, if your aim is as good as your press tuning...I wouldn't be worried if you carried spare clips.  ;D  Sorry, I had to.

Haha... Would be easier if I weren’t working on a 1989 gauntlet serial number 0000003..... :P (Love ya Brad  :-*)
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »
I have way too many also.  Carry a 40 cal. Kahr most days and a 380 TCP on others.  Have a couple of AR and M4 platforms.  This week is leaning toward a 204 savage model 12 with a Choate stock.  Will thread the barrel for a can and have a 10-40 X 50 Barska on top.  It should be a great long range shooter.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »
I carry a Ruger lcp 380 its light and easy to conceal and shoot great for a 2 inch barrel, but until a run in with a crazy guy in the hood of East Cleveland few years back I never carried one I was a trap shooter and that was it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:14:58 PM by sweetts »
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
A lot of cool shoot em ups on here. I just picked this baby up this weekend. All California legal and registered as a pistol. Weird laws we have in this state.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin