Author Topic: Manual Roller Squeegee  (Read 6470 times)

Offline Action1

Re: Manual Roller Squeegee
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/129841/Standard-J-Roller.aspx

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/129842/Standard%20J%20Roller.aspx

Seriously Moosman - this is not even in the same universe as what we have developed for you. Ours allows two hands - with extremely durable parts. I can give you a slice of tree trunk that will roll down hill. However - Good Year has improved that product greatly.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »

Am I doing this right?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »
@ Action no doubt you guys built a nice product but goddan that price is high for what some people are willing to fork over, might be a tough sell when I see some of the other options posted here that will work, maybe not as great as you all's hanle and roller but get the job done...like they say on Shark Tank I'm out!!!!  good luck anyway

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 03:59:02 PM »
Well, just about everyone who tried the roller on their auto liked it (except for a few DIY teflon folks who had adhesion problems with that part).

Now, let's see what the reports from manual users say.
One potential problem I see is that since most manual printers have their flash in a position that allows cooling before the next print, this would require a repositioning of the flash to a station just before the operator to assure the print is still toasty warm. Maybe not a problem for those with lots of space and an easily moved flash. Otherwise, it needs a second worker taking care of smoothing duties.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 04:33:28 PM »
Well, just about everyone who tried the roller on their auto liked it (except for a few DIY teflon folks who had adhesion problems with that part).

Now, let's see what the reports from manual users say.
One potential problem I see is that since most manual printers have their flash in a position that allows cooling before the next print, this would require a repositioning of the flash to a station just before the operator to assure the print is still toasty warm. Maybe not a problem for those with lots of space and an easily moved flash. Otherwise, it needs a second worker taking care of smoothing duties.

I was thinking about this too. Or you'd have to flash and swing it back to you and then go two ahead. I'm still intrigued.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
or just rotate your platens the other direction following the base, then switch back after.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »

OOPS......I posted this before I was done SORRY here is the cleaned up and finished version

we were actually working on this wacked out idea for our manual print work especially on fleece .
I will share it with everyone with the warning that the  MOOSEMAN MIND WANDERING alert is in effect.

We often hit our print work with a heat press to smooth and soften the print especially on fleece. It works great as you all know.

It hit me about a year ago that it would be the nuts to be able to hit the shirt with the heat press while the shirt was still on the print platten to smooth the underbase.
I have snagged a used press but hit a wall when I got the $$ to have my bracket fabricated, I do not have enough metal working equipment and I do not weld.
All that aside the ultimate solution (in my mooseed up mind) is to hit the shirt while still on the print press as needed to smooth and improve the base for top colors.
Toss the manual roller idea............ too much work and limited results (on a manual) anyway.

I have discarded the idea of mounting the heat press from a floor bracket like a flash unit. the cleaner solution is to mount the heat press press platten in the print head much like a screen giving up a station to the heat press platten.
It will require a stronger lifter or possibly a upper bracket arm with a spring assist to handle the added weight of the heat platten.
If I ever finish this I will post pics .
mooseman

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:34:30 PM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 08:13:20 PM »
The craziest part about that post Moosman is this bit right here:

and I do not weld.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »
sorry to hijack the thread but apparently M&R has something called an "i-kiss"...and it does exactly this
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
sorry to hijack the thread but apparently M&R has something called an "i-kiss"...and it does exactly this

I thought that was Mimosa's idea earlier in the thread.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 08:31:06 PM »

ericheartsu
Can you throw me a link, I looked on M&R and could find pieces / parts but I could not find the actual equipment.
I would love to see it whole and possibly steal I mean borrow something from the masters.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285