Author Topic: Switching to Shopworx  (Read 1638 times)

Offline shirtz

Switching to Shopworx
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:29:32 AM »
Has anyone made the switch from t-quoter? Want to know if customers can be imported and if has been a success for anyone.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Switching to Shopworx
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 11:50:37 AM »
i was told they can't, but maybe that has changed

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 12:24:11 PM »
Has anyone made the switch from t-quoter? Want to know if customers can be imported and if has been a success for anyone.

hmm, my understanding was that they will import the data if you can get it. What is the T-quoter running on? I am thinking you can tap into the database or spreadsheet system directly and pull it out. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 02:10:46 PM »
If your current program can export contacts to .csv and you are willing to do the work to clean up the .csv sheet it should be doable to import into nearly anything.  Shopworx should provide a .csv template for you.

What can kill the deal is formatting of phone numbers, etc.  Gets tricky removing the "." or "-" separating numbers but there are ways to get it done on a whole column in excel without doing it manually.

My experience has been that I go to all the trouble, make a perfect .csv and the new program always makes a mess of the import, duplicating contacts, omitting stuff, etc. 

But good luck!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:17 PM »
it's running as an MDB or access database

you can export your customers to an excel spreadsheet though