Author Topic: Seeking a local epson tech- Port Orchard, WA (near seattle)  (Read 833 times)

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
I was having some print issues on my Epson 9800, Typical clogging in the black due to the type of ink I'm using.
I had this issue before when I was in California, went through a whole assortment of troubleshooting (including installing a new print head).  I believe we finally solved the issue by replacing the damper. (Professionally installed by certified epson tech)
Well, a year later now, the same thing happened again.  I was able to purchase a box of dampers from China,  but I couldn't find any epson techs in my area (closest tech is in Portland, OR- about 4 hours away.)   I found a random company online that said they could help me.  The tech came and replaced ALL of the dampers, (not just the black like I asked), and now I have lost the air seal and my machine will not print ANY color at all.   I really need someone who knows these machines to come help, I don't have a truck or the time to haul this large machine to another state to get fixed. 
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Seeking a local epson tech- Port Orchard, WA (near seattle)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:38:14 PM »
Scott have you tried purging out the lines with a power cleaning?  It'll waste ink of course but you may just have air bubbles in there if the tech didn't bleed out a little air when they did the damper swap.   Open up the cover and see what you can see in the lines.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »
call local sign shops, ask who their tech is for the large format printers. i bet they could help you out. Or call a sign supply warehouse, most have techs or connections to one.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »
Compass Micro is in Vancouver but know everything about these.

On a 9000 we were about to give up on I took the tube off the bottom of the damper and hooked it to a syringe,
parked the head and pulled cleaning solution through it, gently. It worked.

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 09:34:56 AM »
Is Sigmo still up in that area? He used to refurb 3000s. IDK about others.
steve

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »
Yeah I've ran the power cleaning a few times.  It seeps to be pushing the ink up to the damper and then leaking out onto the floor.   I read somewhere that they can't be too tight so maybe that's the issue. 
I'll try calling some local shops, to see who they use. thanks
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook