Author Topic: SmartWasher  (Read 14628 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: SmartWasher
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »
I wanted to talk with them about some new things, one being fixed brushes with fluid flowing through them so you can clean tools and squeegees.

see that black hose in the pic, its a brush with fluid flowing through it.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 03:55:20 PM »
same one mine has...frankly, it blows.

we clean the same few things in the shop, so my not have a fixed brush that you rub the object needing to be cleaned against.  Kinda like a boot scraper outside a door.  It stays still while you scrub your shoe on it.

kinda like this...it's 2 broom heads with a tube between them that keeps the fluid flowing to the brushes...WAY faster than using a lousy handheld brush to clean squeegees...

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »
yeah, that hose now sux balls...but after my trial period if I keep it, I am gonna convert it to a scrub pad with handle with the juice flowing through it.  Honestly I am trying to get the sink part changed to upright and backlit, that's our plan.  Chemfree is coming to the shop to figure out how I want it and what works best for screen printers and hopefully something better will be available shortly after that.  Honestly though, the one I have holds a screen perfectly, cleaned 4 racks today in it.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 07:52:54 AM »
that brush probably works fine for car parts, but we clean things with lots of flat surface areas...it takes too long.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 09:32:49 AM »
Finally got my used SW23 pieced back together. Came in shipping with a broken pump. Seller said heat didn't work. Called up Don and got a temperature sensor, pump, and some ozzymats. Then got the SW1 locally from NAPA because shipping from GA would have really stung. It's heating up now and I'll give it a go this afternoon if it's up to temp!

This has been the most frivolous purchase for a one-person shop, but heck I want to make things easier/quicker. So far with chemicals I'm up to $932 lol hope this wasn't a mistake!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 10:16:37 AM »
Finally got my used SW23 pieced back together. Came in shipping with a broken pump. Seller said heat didn't work. Called up Don and got a temperature sensor, pump, and some ozzymats. Then got the SW1 locally from NAPA because shipping from GA would have really stung. It's heating up now and I'll give it a go this afternoon if it's up to temp!

This has been the most frivolous purchase for a one-person shop, but heck I want to make things easier/quicker. So far with chemicals I'm up to $932 lol hope this wasn't a mistake!
Its not. You will like it.
Rich Hoffman

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
Ok I like it. Do you guys wear gloves when you use it? The pump on this thing is no joke, splashes fluid everywhere if you don't rinse at the right angle.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »
Ok I like it. Do you guys wear gloves when you use it? The pump on this thing is no joke, splashes fluid everywhere if you don't rinse at the right angle.
we don't use gloves or respirator. No Need. Turn the valve half closed on the nozzle to restrict the flow.
Rich Hoffman

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »
rich beat me to it...also you get used to the smell, it's not bad, just different

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
Didn't even notice the knob. Wow, that was a DERP moment. Thanks.  Not entirely sure this thing is saving me time because I'm cleaning my squeegees and floods after every print job when before I just threw them on a shelf lol

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2015, 04:06:04 PM »
Didn't even notice the knob. Wow, that was a DERP moment. Thanks.  Not entirely sure this thing is saving me time because I'm cleaning my squeegees and floods after every print job when before I just threw them on a shelf lol
In my opinion this is a great product for the industry. I know it made a big difference in our training facility/
Rich Hoffman

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2015, 09:21:16 AM »
In my opinion this is a great product for the industry. I know it made a big difference in our training facility/

I'm joking I love the thing. My new location is set up a lot better & cleaner than my old shop. I even mopped the floor!

Next task: Remove all the ink spatulas from ink buckets! I got in the habit of leaving them in there and it's time to clean that up too. Also going to wipe down ALL the containers with a rag and hot juice.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »

I'm joking I love the thing. My new location is set up a lot better & cleaner than my old shop. I even mopped the floor!

Next task: Remove all the ink spatulas from ink buckets! I got in the habit of leaving them in there and it's time to clean that up too. Also going to wipe down ALL the containers with a rag and hot juice.
Now were talking. We found if you use it while warm straight out of the nozzle to rag its also great to clean the press!!!
Rich Hoffman

Offline maxmod

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 10:42:12 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm in Australia and I've purchased an Chemfree system I went for the jump version to clean our screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8wOCrcVeIk

I just thought I would post a video of it working and find out if anyone else has had these issues.

We are using Rutland low bleed white NPTSF-2 Plastisol and this system couldn't clean a screen to save itself. In fact it's so pathetic it can't even clean itself.

Here in Australia we can still use solvents so am I being harsh on this system or is mine not functioning correctly?

According to the supplier it is working as intended and is fit for purpose.

It is breaking down the plastisol it's just very very slow to do so the ink becomes gluggy and you can see this in the mesh catchers.

The heater is functioning correctly and we are using SW1.

I'm currently being offered 55% of the value I paid to have it returned I'd really like to see the system working though instead of my money back. Chem Free have been no help in solving the issue though so I wanted to find out for myself if this is the best this system can do. I personally find it hard to believe people in the states are purchasing this machine if this really is the best it has to offer.

Thanks

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2015, 11:10:47 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm in Australia and I've purchased an Chemfree system I went for the jump version to clean our screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8wOCrcVeIk

I just thought I would post a video of it working and find out if anyone else has had these issues.

We are using Rutland low bleed white NPTSF-2 Plastisol and this system couldn't clean a screen to save itself. In fact it's so pathetic it can't even clean itself.

Here in Australia we can still use solvents so am I being harsh on this system or is mine not functioning correctly?

According to the supplier it is working as intended and is fit for purpose.

It is breaking down the plastisol it's just very very slow to do so the ink becomes gluggy and you can see this in the mesh catchers.

The heater is functioning correctly and we are using SW1.

I'm currently being offered 55% of the value I paid to have it returned I'd really like to see the system working though instead of my money back. Chem Free have been no help in solving the issue though so I wanted to find out for myself if this is the best this system can do. I personally find it hard to believe people in the states are purchasing this machine if this really is the best it has to offer.

Thanks

we find this to be the case as well with our squeeges and flood bars. But i've had better luck using our normal sponges, then going through with the wand that it comes with. I think some other shops use a strong solution, the SW4 maybe? which is something we are going to start looking into soon.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285