Author Topic: SmartWasher  (Read 14974 times)

Offline maxmod

Re: SmartWasher
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »
Thanks,

That sort of confirmed what I was starting to suspect when the solution can't clean it's own brush I didn't see what hope it had of cleaning a screen.

Since we don't have to be environmentally friendly we might just swap to a solvent with a high flash point that will cope with the heater. Since i'll be loosing money anyway returning it I may as well just keep this unit as it fits the screens nicely and just ditch the ozzy juice.

Unless the distributor came to the party and gave us some different solutions to try to help resolve the issue but it seems like I would have to pay for them which feels a bit like throwing good money after bad.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2015, 06:50:13 AM »
Try using a blue scrub pad soaked in the juice. Or a regular brillo sponge with scrubby side. The ozzyjuice doesn't really rapidly break down thick white inks but it does encapsulate the ink and allow it to drop into the basin.

My local Napa auto parts couldn't get sw1 any more when I needed to top mine off. I put 5 gallons of sw7 instead and it still works as good or slightly better than sw1.

The most surprising thing so far I have noticed about the smartwasher is the evaporation rate of the ozzyjuice! I had to add 5 gallons within the first month! That's $90 for less than a month of operation, I hope it doesn't keep disappearing that fast.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
Try using a blue scrub pad soaked in the juice. Or a regular brillo sponge with scrubby side. The ozzyjuice doesn't really rapidly break down thick white inks but it does encapsulate the ink and allow it to drop into the basin.

My local Napa auto parts couldn't get sw1 any more when I needed to top mine off. I put 5 gallons of sw7 instead and it still works as good or slightly better than sw1.

The most surprising thing so far I have noticed about the smartwasher is the evaporation rate of the ozzyjuice! I had to add 5 gallons within the first month! That's $90 for less than a month of operation, I hope it doesn't keep disappearing that fast.

it will, that's my only complaint.  I have added a ton.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »
I have tried sw3 and sw1.  I will say it doesn't dissolve ink like solvents, but it's a heck of a lot better for you and your equipment.

I am going to get some SW7 and see how I like that.

Yes, you do replenish frequently, but at least you're not paying that money for Safety Kleen.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
I have tried sw3 and sw1.  I will say it doesn't dissolve ink like solvents, but it's a heck of a lot better for you and your equipment.

I am going to get some SW7 and see how I like that.

Yes, you do replenish frequently, but at least you're not paying that money for Safety Kleen.
There was a time not so long ago that a certain someone was wondering when you were going to add to the 15 gallons you had in your old wash tank.  How long did that 15 gallons last?
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »
the plastiwash?  It's not compatible.  oil/water.  I am not sure but that much solvent might shock the system.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2015, 08:56:43 AM »
It did stay clean with your filter system for over a year though didn't it?
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2015, 10:11:20 AM »
yes, i think it was around 1.5 years before I opened that thing up to clean the inside.

also, I have some filters for you for that thing...you can pass them along

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »
Anyone hear more about a screen printing specific model of the Smartwasher? A "booth" style?
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »
supposedly they were going to be working with me developing the model, they have been here and took pictures of what I had in mind.  haven't heard back. 
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2015, 05:29:27 PM »
supposedly they were going to be working with me developing the model, they have been here and took pictures of what I had in mind.  haven't heard back.

Well dang it, I'm interested.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)