Computers and Software > Separation Programs

Epson 3000 Service manual link included. Topic: Removing the cover

<< < (2/5) > >>

3Deep:
They come apart very easy you got four in the back, one where the ink carts go and I think two or three under the paper tray once you pull it out.  then you need to take a flat head screw driver and push the tabs back on the under side of the printer to pull the top off, oh and don't forget to take off the control panel first and unplug it.  Just be careful and don't break stuff or force it apart it comes apart very easy.  I've taken two apart all the way down the motor in the back and replaced springs heads you name it, but getting the bastards primed back with ink is a mother good luck...

darryl

Dottonedan:
Thanks Guys. With that service manual, I'm in and cleaning. Thanks for the tips.  Not all manuals go through everything I found out.  This one is best.  I've made this thread a sticky for others.

blue moon:
get some windex and soak a paper towel with it then park the heads on top of it. That should clear it . . .

pierre

Dottonedan:
That will work fine I'm sure. I'm out of windex, but have been able to get it to print a decent nozzle check and printed images. Just patiently cleaning and noz checks. Then printed a few large solid areas...and finally,printed some halftones.  No rip yet. I wanted to use the one provided (supposed to be pretty good) but it only works on and older version of windows.

The thing I will be attacking now, is the rows of thing lines where the print doesn't seem to overlap enough. I've done some alignment test and narrows it down to what looks as good as can be done. Still, I have those lines going across horizontally. That has to be the spacing of when the first row of prints lay over the next. Seems to be a slight gap. I imagine possibly if I could change the amount ink laydown/slow the printer down that might overlap more.

I don't know much about the Epson 3000's so if anyone has any basics to toss in, feel free.

Frog:

--- Quote from: Dottonedan on December 08, 2014, 02:03:13 PM ---

I don't know much about the Epson 3000's so if anyone has any basics to toss in, feel free.

--- End quote ---

I know that folks always used to ask what settings provided a good black positive. I assume those were folks without a third party rip.

In that situation, you want the settings for backlit films, though you, with your emphasis on halftones will surely be using a sophisticated rip at some point I bet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version