Author Topic: buying a bigger press with less arms  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: buying a bigger press with less arms
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »

expose a screen... either use a bit of clear base to lubricate the squeegee or spray it with silicone spray.
spray back with a light coating of spray tack
put in head one with a worn squeegee (no flood bar)
set your squeegee pressure to just 'kiss' the top of the shirt... on our press it's around 10-15psi
every 400-500 shirts you'll probably want to dry brush/scrub it and re-apply the spray tack.

Renew the adhesive on the lint screen when you renew the adhesive on the platens or the screen may lift the shirt a bit, also we use platen tape on the back of the lint screen so it's easier to clean the sheet of glue/lint off.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
I'm sure there are plenty of people excited about the move to HSA inks but I'm not.  Can you imagine if we have to flash after every color and use multiple screens for the same color?  That means we'd have to have at least a 20 color oval just to continue to keep our production capacity.  There will be unintended consequences if the heavy hitters in the industry push this ink without making it much better than it is.  Not very many of us will be in business if we have to have a $200K press to do a 6 color job.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 10:19:24 AM »
think of the electric use too... having 10 flashes running on a single press is quite some power consumption.

seems 'less-green' than what we're doing today...

and obviously if the costs rise, the price per print will have to be quite high too.

I've often wondered about the third world countries that are printing on big ovals with 10+ flash units...

where is the power coming from?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 10:22:21 AM »
Also unless the price has fallen the HSA inks are ridiculously expensive

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »

think of the electric use too... having 10 flashes running on a single press is quite some power consumption.

seems 'less-green' than what we're doing today...

and obviously if the costs rise, the price per print will have to be quite high too.

I've often wondered about the third world countries that are printing on big ovals with 10+ flash units...

where is the power coming from?

I've thought this same thing! I saw a press running with 18 flashes!!! And the kicker was they had multiple presses aside from that one! Now their minimum run wasn't 24pcs. but still, just boggled my mind.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com