Author Topic: CCI Fox Red  (Read 11633 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: CCI Fox Red
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Discharge is sooooooo simple :)

I'm sure as our customer base starts requesting more of it we'll do more and more but in the mean time, I'll stick to plastisol for most of our work and the other 5-10% will be single color DC.  I like being able to do everything with single strokes and seeing problems as they happen and not at the end of the dryer.  Not to mention having to not worry about the type of garment and its "dischargeability" is kind of nice.

Of course I'll concede that there are quite a few things that DC is better at than plastisol and we use it when applicable, but I think that sometimes the IDEA that DC is a piece of cake is thrown around a bit too cavalier.  I think a few shops struggle with plastisol and turn to DC for the answers and the lucky ones find it, but many reluctantly turn back to plastisol and continue to fight with it hoping the magic ink comes out soon.  The actual part of pushing/pulling the squeegee is easier with DC but everywhere else it's not as black and white.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »
Discharge is sooooooo simple :)

I'm sure as our customer base starts requesting more of it we'll do more and more but in the mean time, I'll stick to plastisol for most of our work and the other 5-10% will be single color DC.  I like being able to do everything with single strokes and seeing problems as they happen and not at the end of the dryer.  Not to mention having to not worry about the type of garment and its "dischargeability" is kind of nice.

Of course I'll concede that there are quite a few things that DC is better at than plastisol and we use it when applicable, but I think that sometimes the IDEA that DC is a piece of cake is thrown around a bit too cavalier.  I think a few shops struggle with plastisol and turn to DC for the answers and the lucky ones find it, but many reluctantly turn back to plastisol and continue to fight with it hoping the magic ink comes out soon.  The actual part of pushing/pulling the squeegee is easier with DC but everywhere else it's not as black and white.

Gonna have to agree, there are jobs I look at and they scream DC, but not having to consider the MANY factors that make it discharge will always make plastisol appeal to me.  There is a place for both, but those who say plastisol will go away.....I think not.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
Piece of cake no, manageable, yes. Not for everyone? Yes.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 11:04:12 AM »
I struggle with using discharge for the simple reason of bright colors, I know what color I'm going to get when I use plastisol inks, DC not so sure and that might be due to the fact of my inexperience using DC.  I would rather us waterbase ink if there was a choice between the two, waterbase to me is like plastisol you know what to expect on color.  You fellers that got DC down to a science more power to you and keep posting so I can learn from teh info you all put out.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »
Been working with this ink for a few days now and am pretty happy with it overall.  It prints nice and washes very well, with the latter initially being my biggest concern. 

Colorwise, from what I can tell this stuff is packed with Flo Pink, and probably a bit more than I'd like.  Although it washes a bit more muted than it comes off the dryer, when used straight from the bucket there are still hints of fuchsia-ish hues when looked at under certain lighting.  I ended up adding a bit of black pigment to tone it down and came out with a very nice and vibrant deep red.  I'll be trying a few more mixes with it when I have some time but for now it'll do the trick. 

Looking forward to seeing more RFU discharge colors hit the market.  HINT HINT, CCI.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 07:42:22 AM »
I was told that they will be doing pantone colors.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:33 AM »
I was told that they will be doing pantone colors.
That would be nice. Just a RFU mixing system like the Mixo system would be cool.

Murphy37

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 10:10:57 AM »
Sericol has had this for years. I have the entire Pantone Starting Formulations guide here but don't use it

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »
We've used the Sericol too. We liked it, but don't use it now. I was kind of hoping this was the direction CCI was going with the RFU....wink,wink...@ CCI if your seeing this.

Murphy37

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 04:21:12 PM »
I'm going to pick some of this up asap.  I hate mixing reds...

I have found that lower activator is better, usually around 3% vs. the 6% for some other colors.

I haven't had much issue with fading after washing when adding matsui fixer.

This helped me big time. Once I lowered the activator amount my reds were spot on.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
bumping this up...how do you guys like the fox red so far? I'm always the last to get samples cuz I don't have any cool friends but we just got a few dropped off yesterday...we tested it on the same shirt as a sericol print....both with 3% activator....sericol won the battle hands down, and I am pullling for CCI RFU inks like a mo'fo' too but...I'll stick with the sericol for now.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2015, 08:18:54 PM »
Sericol KILLS IT!  I hate to say it, cause Gary Fox is a good friend of mine, but its the truth.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 10:13:49 AM »
bumping this up...how do you guys like the fox red so far? I'm always the last to get samples cuz I don't have any cool friends but we just got a few dropped off yesterday...we tested it on the same shirt as a sericol print....both with 3% activator....sericol won the battle hands down, and I am pullling for CCI RFU inks like a mo'fo' too but...I'll stick with the sericol for now.

We used it for a bit but overall I wasn't completely happy with it and its been sitting on the shelf ever since.  Even with some modifications I couldn't get exactly what I was looking for, so we fell back on our old formulas.

Where are you guys getting your Sericol RFU red?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
Atlas or from Sericol directly

http://www.atlasscreensupply.com/discharge_ink.htm

I do have some of that "readycharge" ink here too....yeah it doesn't work haha.....

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
beware, Sericol is not interested in small accounts and it will show in their dealing with you. Atlas might be a good workaround as it would provide you with the customer service Sericol lacks (unless something changed since I tried to do business with them a couple of years back).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!