Artist > Art for free/trade/donation

Free downloadable halftone test file

<< < (2/3) > >>

StinkyDaddy:
This is a close up of the GS 45 lpi on 230. This was the second print, done with a 70/90/70, one push stroke.

Dottonedan:
Your 95% looks like it is holding some negative dot information (in print) so that would be good.  I can't tell for sure really, with the coverage having some of the shirt pop up thru.

Below 10%, your losing something and this could be either from over exposure, ink or maybe your printer device is not actually putting the dots onto the film (as heavily) as it should or maybe it physically can't based on your machines settings. It could be partly both the printer and exposure and even ink.

How does your films look?  Can you see good dots all to way down to 3% on film? If so, then it's your exposure.
Sometimes thinning the ink down more, can help you gain a few more dot %'s in print so that it can flow tru those tiny holes easier.

StinkyDaddy:
Here's the film.

The 95%'s looked good on the screen.
I could see some dots on the screen below 10, but they lost consistency below 10. Something like maybe 1/3 of the dots showing up at 5%.
You mentioned thinning the ink. This was printed first thing this morning, before I got the shop good and warm. The ink was still a little stiff.
I think I'll dial the exposure back a little on the next try.
As for dot gain, I haven't found any settings for that in GS. I'm not sure if there is anything in AI.

Thanks again.

StinkyDaddy:
I cut my exposure time from 45 seconds to 40 this morning using the same film as last time.
The reduced exposure seems to have made a difference.
One pic is of the screen held up to a shoplight right before I put it on the press.

Thanks again.

Itsa Little CrOoked:
Hey Dan,

When you get a minute, could you re-save that file as a CS-2 version or lower for Illy and maybe PM me with it?

I'm too tight to upgrade, I guess. I can print it from Photoshop now, but I'm not confident of the tiny details.

Thanks! And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!

Stan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version