Author Topic: Any one using the "Exile" imagesetter?  (Read 1928 times)

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
Any one using the "Exile" imagesetter?
« on: December 11, 2014, 12:41:27 AM »
Looking to get a larger format film maker. Right now we use the Xante ScreenWriter 5 with 13x19max. Looking to go to the Exile 18" wide imagesetter. I can't seem to find much info on these things. I've seen them at shows and they look cool but looking for some real world feedback. Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
Re: Any one using the "Exile" imagesetter?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:56:51 AM »
The Exile Imagesetter looks to be the same unit that was previosuly sold under the OYO TechStyler brand.  These units are rugged, and dependable and there are 1000's of them out in the field.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »
I have the 14" techstyler. It is the oyo version. I have had it for years and it was used when I got it. I LOVE this thing. It is one of the best purchased that I have made. Have them send you some samples. You will not be sorry. They are in TX. you should go visit them.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »
I have the 14" techstyler. It is the oyo version. I have had it for years and it was used when I got it. I LOVE this thing. It is one of the best purchased that I have made. Have them send you some samples. You will not be sorry. They are in TX. you should go visit them.
Matt

Matt,

what do you love about it? have you had any maintenance issues? any quirky things about it? fast or slow imaging? the film is crazy expensive but I have always thought this would up our halftone printing game greatly.

Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »
It is pretty slow. They may have made improvements though. Mine is at least 10 years old. I buy the premium plus film so I am covered life on the machine. I love the control, density and consistency. If I have a 5 color job from 8 years ago and I loose or damage 1 film I can run a perfect match today. I use the harlequin RIP that came with it. There are lots of features like LPI, angle and dot shape that are really easy to control. Even with in a set of seps you can have 1 color at 45 LPI the others at 65 and 2 with round dots and 1 with elipses.
I am wondering have you considered cts? That is the next step I want to take. It seems like for the money that would be a much faster/better jump.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
Exile is the same as OYO. They baight out OYO.   I have had the 12 inch OYO and currently use the Techstyler. Mine is a workhorse. Have had it for 7 years or more and just had to replace one of the rollers. Only issue I ever had and I was the one who ruined the darn roller.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 05:08:57 PM »
Excuse my poor spelling. Cell phone keyboard and fat fingers do not mix
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ®