Author Topic: Opinions on the Amaya XT  (Read 8942 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Opinions on the Amaya XT
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
Been a while since I operated a machine... but I'd say 15 mins is a bit long.  Probably closer to 10-12 mins for average LC job.

Again, I haven't run a machine in a while or even looked at the numbers much.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 07:13:52 AM »
Sew time is going to drastically vary, we have designs that will run in 2 minutes.  We have some that are 20+ minute runs.  Good average is probably around 12 minutes. If your trying to determine what type of profit per day you can make id base it on 15 minute runs to account for possible bobbin change, thread break, needle breaks and so on that may happen. If they don't you are ahead of the game. Do the maths, should be easy to see where you want to be.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »
What do you find your typical job quantity to be? Although I'm sure this varies from shop to shop.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »
That is gonna COMPLETELY vary based on your clientele.

We've done 200+ pcs and we do one offs.  We have a pretty steady client that drops off coveralls fairly regularly and they are usually about 3-5 pcs.  Then we have people that order 24 hats at a time.

So you average person getting some "uniform" shirts or polos for himself will probably be 2-5 (usually nice markup as they pick a decent polo... we just tell them the price in the catalog is the price with a basic logo LC).

It really depends on your clientele and only you will know what they might be ordering.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »
What do you find your typical job quantity to be? Although I'm sure this varies from shop to shop.

I would say as a average we are in the 30-48pc range for hats and LC style stuff.  Jackets with large backs and such normally much smaller orders, but also have HUGE time in them, read hours for 1 item.  We have a 1000pc hat order in the building right now with front and rear embroidery, so it has to be sewn twice.  But we also do a ton of 12pc hat orders.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Audifox

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 02:50:01 PM »

First, thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I find most interesting the time noted to embroider something. So would you all say the average embroidery job (hat, left chest) would take 15 minutes? 

A general rule that we use is : a single head running at 750 st/per minute will do 37,500 st per hour. The faster you run your machine, the more stitches per hour.
This is taking into account thread breaks, bobbin and garment changes, misc. distractions. etc.

Most left chest logos fall between 3000 and 9000 stitches (4000 to 6000 being the average)

Typically flats will sew faster than hats only because you generally have less problems.

I'm not doubting the Barudan is better. But would two I be better off with 2 heads of Amaya or 1 head of Barudan? Or are the Amaya's just really bad machines?

The one thing I do know is that people either really like or dislike the auto upper thread tension on the Amayas. (It's kind of like a mechanic contstantly adjusting your carb under the hood. For better or worse)
If you have never worked with any other machine, you wouldn't know the difference.

I think it comes down to what you are going to be embroidering.
We do lots of winter horse blankets. They are heavy and I need a big table to accomodate all the extra bulk.

This is why I bought this as my newest toy.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 04:14:30 PM »
That's no toy my friend, its a work horse to do them there blankets.
Amaya is pretty simple compared to it, but much less expensive and
very well worth it if one doesn't need top of the line.

Offline Audifox

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 06:17:14 PM »
Yes, I like my new toy. Way bigger sewing field so I don't have to double hoop. Saves time.
But as for the machines, it all depends what you clients want, if you do nothing but hats and light weight garments, you don't need the heavy duty model.