Author Topic: roller frame stretching systems  (Read 1289 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
roller frame stretching systems
« on: December 08, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »
we decided to go with M3 frames... and now need a way to stretch them...

so I'm trying to figure out which stretching system I should get... I played with a pneumatic system and determined that I really don't think it's for us.. and then tried one of the Shurloc accellerator systems.. no idea which one it was, but it worked really well and I liked it, so....

Pros/Cons for:

Accelerator X
Accelerator-2
Accelerator-SA

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: roller frame stretching systems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »

so I'm trying to figure out which stretching system I should get... I played with a pneumatic system and determined that I really don't think it's for us.. and then tried one of the Shurloc accellerator systems.. no idea which one it was, but it worked really well and I liked it, so....

Pros/Cons for:

Accelerator X
Accelerator-2
Accelerator-SA

We have one we use for our rollers, but I'm not sure which it is. I also have a number of parts, as I bought a kit without a table from someone, then got a whole system with the table and shelved the other. Interested? you could then build your own table...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline shurloc

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
Oh this has my name all over it - doesn't it???

Here's the simple break down...

Accelerator X - $399 - ready to go... Does frames up to 23x31 - M3/MZX/DC or other rollers. Best value if you keep your frames smaller... (We have had a few 23x33 users take this kit also and it works fine - unofficially)

Accelerator 2 - $1275 - ready to go... Does frames up to 40x40 M3 - M3/MZX/DC or other rollers. More durable hardware - and a pretty yellow color!

Accelerator SA - $$$$$ - If you have M6's or Box Beams, this is the kit for you... Call us for availability though, we may or may not have one laying around for you.

Overall, if you can get by with the X, it does everything the other two do, but much cheaper and much lighter. Remember, you can use standard adjustable wrenches with it, they stretch any style frame and you can use standard 3/8" T-Nuts to add additional sizes to your tables. If you would rather have a turntable for it, for $400 you can get one of our predrilled turntables for quick size changing.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »
Ordered the X... we have a wood CNC router, so I'll be cutting our own table  :)

Thanks!
-J

Offline shurloc

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 06:47:15 PM »
I sent you a PM javnick...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:21:10 PM by shurloc »
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 09:17:37 PM »
We have a Accelerator X and a Accelerator 2. I like the Accelerator X better between the two of them.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 11:15:01 PM »

Pros/Cons for:

Accelerator X
Accelerator-2
Accelerator-SA

We have one we use for our rollers, but I'm not sure which it is. I also have a number of parts, as I bought a kit without a table from someone, then got a whole system with the table and shelved the other. Interested? you could then build your own table...

Steve

Steve, being that Jvanick ordered one from Shur-loc, I'll hop in. What do you have and what would I need? Would I just need to order a table from shur-loc or will I need other stuff?